Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ground Capacity 07:22 - Feb 19 with 4748 viewsChurchman

There are some interesting stats on attendances in the attached.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/GB2/saiso

Most noticeable is the percentage of the ground filled. Ours is the highest at 97%. That as much as anything else to me shows how good the work is by the ticketing people to re-sell unsold blocks of away section allocation. It all makes a difference.

As for our average attendance: remarkable. I wonder what it’d be if the capacity was greater. I’ve always thought approx 33k was enough. But is it?
[Post edited 19 Feb 13:49]
Ground Capacity on 09:37 - Feb 20 with 509 viewsDJR

Interesting to note that our current average attendance would rank us third in the Division 1 table for 1983-84 season. Indeed, all but four average attendances were 21,000 or lower.

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-1983-1984/1/
Ground Capacity on 17:20 - Feb 20 with 356 viewsRadlett_blue

Ground Capacity on 10:30 - Feb 19 by Pinewoodblue

Premier League away allocation is a minimum of 3,000, or 10% of capacity if less than 30,000.

Means capacity for home fans reduced if we are promoted.

Should we become an established Premier League club closer to 40,000 than 35,000 ought to be the target.

Worth adding that this seasons average attendance will be the highest ever.

The last thing we should be doing is spending money on increasing capacity. The promotion push might fizzle out, McKenna might leave & if we do get promoted, it might just be 1 season in the PL. These things take at least a year to do so by the time we had more capacity, we might be mid table in the Championship. The big money in football these days comes from PL TV contracts, not match day revenue.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Ground Capacity on 17:36 - Feb 20 with 332 viewsPinewoodblue

Ground Capacity on 17:20 - Feb 20 by Radlett_blue

The last thing we should be doing is spending money on increasing capacity. The promotion push might fizzle out, McKenna might leave & if we do get promoted, it might just be 1 season in the PL. These things take at least a year to do so by the time we had more capacity, we might be mid table in the Championship. The big money in football these days comes from PL TV contracts, not match day revenue.

Think I said "should we become an established Premier League side" My point was if that happens when the 50 year old Cobbold Stand is replaced we need to be looking to dd more than just a few 1,000 to capacity.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ground Capacity on 17:55 - Feb 20 with 314 viewsblueislander

Ground Capacity on 17:36 - Feb 20 by Pinewoodblue

Think I said "should we become an established Premier League side" My point was if that happens when the 50 year old Cobbold Stand is replaced we need to be looking to dd more than just a few 1,000 to capacity.

Did we sell all the extra tickets they made available for tonight?
Ground Capacity on 18:04 - Feb 20 with 282 viewsPinewoodblue

Ground Capacity on 17:55 - Feb 20 by blueislander

Did we sell all the extra tickets they made available for tonight?

Appear to have sold all the extra tickets in V1, just a handful of individual seats and Restricted views along back of West stand.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024