Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Edmundson play in Woolfenden's position, or 10:40 - Feb 23 with 2480 viewsEuropablue

is he only competing with Burgess?

Edmundson played very well in place of Burgess, but the defence has a much better shape with Burgess in that position.
Would Edmundson playing alongside Burgess work as an alternative for Woolfenden? I am pretty sure that they played together for a few matches under PC.
Edmundson seems very much on form, whereas Woolfenden seems out of form, maybe as a result of playing many more matches than the other centre backs this season.
Could Edmundson play in Woolfenden's position, or on 16:38 - Feb 23 with 300 viewslowhouseblue

people wanting to drop or move woolfenden really makes me think i've been watching different games.
[Post edited 23 Feb 16:38]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Could Edmundson play in Woolfenden's position, or on 16:42 - Feb 23 with 288 viewsfarkenhell

Could Edmundson play in Woolfenden's position, or on 16:18 - Feb 23 by pointofblue

It was Clarke’s ball to deal with and always was. Again, I think it came down to them wanting to recycle the ball rather than just clear it for a throw in to Rotherham. Sometimes just clearing it is the better option.

Woolfenden wasn’t blameless for the goal, but Clarke shouldn’t get off scot free.

Your first paragraph is spot on. Clarke got himself between his opponent and the ball, but then hesitated and allowed the Rotherham player to prod it forward. Clarke should have been focused on protecting the ball from the opponent, not "put off" by his teammate. There is no way that Woolfenden was culpable.
Could Edmundson play in Woolfenden's position, or on 16:44 - Feb 23 with 278 viewsfarkenhell

Could Edmundson play in Woolfenden's position, or on 16:34 - Feb 23 by Europablue

The first goal against Preston was a deflection off Edmunson's block. Maybe he could have angled his body better, but it was the mistake before that that was key, and the second goal he played the offside trap perfectly, but the linesman forgot his glasses. So it would be very uncharitable to suggest that he was directly at fault for two goals.

Absolutely. It is very unkind to suggest that he was at fault for either goal.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024