Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A small thing missed after today's win... 20:00 - Feb 24 with 1197 viewspointofblue

We're now mathematically safe from relegation. Stoke, in 22nd, can only get to 71 points.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A small thing missed after today's win... on 20:11 - Feb 24 with 1088 viewsBugs

Now the pressure of relegation is off, maybe we can be a bit more free flowing in games and score a few more goals.
A small thing missed after today's win... on 20:27 - Feb 24 with 1003 viewsJrm_72

I know it feels abit silly to point it out given our position, but to me it is important to mark this little milestone as a sign as to how our expectations have shifted as the season has gone on.

At the start of the season, I had three wishes:

- Don't get relegated (done)
- Don't get spanked by anyone (not done)
- Beat Norwich at least once (ongoing)

I suspected we'd do ok in the Championship, never in my wildest dreams did I think we could have 72 points with 36 still to play for. Madness!
A small thing missed after today's win... on 22:08 - Feb 24 with 783 viewsnodge_blue

I suspect mathematically it was probably impossible for the bottom three to be higher than the 69 we already had. But I’ll leave that to someone good at maths or writing computer code to test every permutation.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

A small thing missed after today's win... on 15:45 - Feb 25 with 529 viewsVegtablue

A small thing missed after today's win... on 22:08 - Feb 24 by nodge_blue

I suspect mathematically it was probably impossible for the bottom three to be higher than the 69 we already had. But I’ll leave that to someone good at maths or writing computer code to test every permutation.

Ha quite so. I won't do any heavy lifting either 😅 but 75 points is the maximum 22nd may finish with before a ball is kicked. That requires zero draws, 'nul points' for the bottom two and an equal distribution of wins and losses across the rest. Instead the bottom two have picked up 51 points and we've had 93 draws. Factor in Leicester claiming more than their fair quota of wins, Middlesbrough losing 7 points to the bottom two, the uneven distribution of draws, yada yada, and we've likely been in the lower 60s mathematically for quite some time. But even simple maths sees us home now lol and there's something in that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024