Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? 22:04 - Feb 29 with 1060 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Spoiler alert….

^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^[^

Hugely concerning outcome for the fate of the UK justice system weren’t it? Two juries and two different results. If that’s how every jury is then it’s a bit of a worry.

Think it was mansalugher myself. That Ricky bloke in the green shirt is being slaughtered on Twitter but his ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ argument was spot on. There’s no way there was truly enough evidence that it was more than a loss of control.
[Post edited 29 Feb 22:05]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? on 22:31 - Feb 29 with 988 viewsTonytown

Don’t be a Ricky, he is a misogynist & a bully.
Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? on 22:36 - Feb 29 with 980 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? on 22:31 - Feb 29 by Tonytown

He’s definitely said things that are misogynistic but as someone who’s done a law A-Level, I was screaming at the TV that none of the jury for the group that went with Murder even bothered talking about the ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ element. It’s a criminal case so the burden of proof is supposed to be 100%. Any doubt whatsoever and it’s a not guilty to that specific charge. That is how it’s supposed to be..

Manslaughter was absolutely the right call

Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? on 23:58 - Feb 29 with 919 viewsRyorry

Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? on 22:36 - Feb 29 by The_Romford_Blue

He’s definitely said things that are misogynistic but as someone who’s done a law A-Level, I was screaming at the TV that none of the jury for the group that went with Murder even bothered talking about the ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ element. It’s a criminal case so the burden of proof is supposed to be 100%. Any doubt whatsoever and it’s a not guilty to that specific charge. That is how it’s supposed to be..

"The burden of proof is supposed to be 100%".

Sorry but no it isn't - it's supposed to be 'beyond reasonable doubt’ - they're two very different things.

The prog was a very flawed experiment imho - irl, jury members have no choice in whether they're selected, and are only excused for medical or other compelling reasons.

For the show, the 'juries' were constituted only of people who responded to ads by C4 either on social media (which many sensible people avoid) or in local papers (which most people in the UK don't read). So shy, retiring types were likely to not see the ads, or did see them & declined; whereas opinionated loudmouths wanting some TV limelight were more likely to put themselves forward.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? on 03:53 - Apr 26 with 281 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? on 22:31 - Feb 29 by Tonytown

Wild update I’ve just found out from someone in the know in chelsmford… he’s the stepdad of convicted murderer Jack Sepple. Saw an old Facebook picture of them together with their arm round each other. Crazy.

How the f**k did Channel 4 allow him on the show?

Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? on 07:18 - Apr 26 with 211 viewsHerbivore

Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? on 22:36 - Feb 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Beyond reasonable doubt does not mean 100% certainty. For me it was murder, he could remember significant parts of what happened and he left the house to go and get a hammer to finish her off, which for me does not suggest a mere momentary loss of control. Loss of control is not the same as being really, really angry, it's meant to cover people not having control of their actions I didn't see enough to reasonably doubt that he was not in control of his actions.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? on 08:21 - Apr 26 with 147 viewsIpswich1984

Anyone else watching that C4 programme The Jury? on 07:18 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

Beyond reasonable doubt does not mean 100% certainty. For me it was murder, he could remember significant parts of what happened and he left the house to go and get a hammer to finish her off, which for me does not suggest a mere momentary loss of control. Loss of control is not the same as being really, really angry, it's meant to cover people not having control of their actions I didn't see enough to reasonably doubt that he was not in control of his actions.

That was my thought on it, the fact that he had gone and got the hammer was what decided for me it was murder.

Poll: Should there be a lap of honour after the Sheffield United game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024