Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff away pub? 11:33 - Mar 7 with 1287 viewsBluesBluesBlues

Are there plans for a pub for a swift one (read four) before the Cardiff game?
Cardiff away pub? on 18:08 - Mar 7 with 1126 viewsGeoffSentence

Is the Owain Glyndaur still open? It's a while since I've been to Cardiff but that was very welcoming back in the day, the locals liked a good sing song.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Cardiff away pub? on 18:51 - Mar 7 with 1051 viewsgardins01

Travelling down to the game by train Saturday. Be good to find a pub with some Town fans.

Any suggestions let me know
Cardiff away pub? on 19:41 - Mar 7 with 986 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cardiff away pub? on 18:51 - Mar 7 by gardins01

Travelling down to the game by train Saturday. Be good to find a pub with some Town fans.

Any suggestions let me know

Same. I don’t really know the place despite it being just down the road from me. I’ve got plenty of suggestions for things to do by the International Pool or where to go for Christmas shopping, but that’s about it. Tractordownsouth is/was from around there, so may have some tips. I’m sure the away ground guides will list the away friendly pubs too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cardiff away pub? on 01:15 - Mar 8 with 823 viewsevansblue

The ground is about a 20 minute walk from the centre of town & the pub near the ground is called the Sand Martin which is a standard Marstons pub. Been told by cardiff fans it’s friendly enough on match day. They also mentioned Canton Rugby club but not sure given it’s an early kick off.
Cardiff away pub? on 07:03 - Mar 8 with 735 viewstractordownsouth

Cardiff away pub? on 18:08 - Mar 7 by GeoffSentence

Is the Owain Glyndaur still open? It's a while since I've been to Cardiff but that was very welcoming back in the day, the locals liked a good sing song.

Owain Glwyndr is a good shout. About half an hour away from the ground and they do a nice breakfast too.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Cardiff away pub? on 07:57 - Mar 8 with 669 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

There is a Wetherspoons next to the station - the Great Western - which is open from 8 am. Seems like a decent option.

Poll: would you rather

Cardiff away pub? on 08:00 - Mar 8 with 657 viewscvillageblue

Cardiff away pub? on 01:15 - Mar 8 by evansblue

The ground is about a 20 minute walk from the centre of town & the pub near the ground is called the Sand Martin which is a standard Marstons pub. Been told by cardiff fans it’s friendly enough on match day. They also mentioned Canton Rugby club but not sure given it’s an early kick off.

Just in case - The Sandmartin is dry on matchdays.
Plenty of pubs in Canton but they are Cardiff strongholds.

Blog: Was It Worth It?

Cardiff away pub? on 08:24 - Mar 8 with 621 viewsevansblue

Cardiff away pub? on 08:00 - Mar 8 by cvillageblue

Just in case - The Sandmartin is dry on matchdays.
Plenty of pubs in Canton but they are Cardiff strongholds.

Dry !! Seriously. Blimey. Will need to double check that.
In Canton they said Hudo Lounge or Chapter should be OK. Definitely not Ivor Davies or Canton Cross.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff away pub? on 09:11 - Mar 8 with 556 viewsMerthyrblue

Early kick off a bit of a problem for those in City Centre. However, the Blue Bell is good. Its in the High Street directly opposite the Castle main gates. Opens at 10am apparently. A favourite of mine is the City Arms, off Westgate St near the Principality Stadium - but it doesn't appear to open until 12. However, a definite for a pint after the match if you're staying. There's the Tiny Rebel opposite as well. I guess any of the Spoons will be open early ie the Great Western near the Station on the Gatekeeper in Westgate St.

Chapter in Canton was mentioned earlier - that's definitely safe - its the bar of the Arts Centre although you'll need to check opening times
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024