Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pushing on string....bubbles bursting again? 23:58 - Mar 9 with 690 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/mar/09/the-us-could-be-facing-a-2008-s

'A neoliberal Conservative analysis puts the emphasis on tech, innovation and a myth-like entrepreneurial spirit that the UK would do well to emulate. What it ignores is the way the US economy zips ahead on fantastical stock market valuations and off-balance-sheet accounting reminiscent of the years before the 2008 financial crisis. And how both these habits could bite back in a big way, much as they did in 2008, and pretty soon.'

Or am I just trolling you all with Guardian articles again?
Over to you Lowhouse (you're doing a great DaveU tribute act BTW x)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Pushing on string....bubbles bursting again? on 08:00 - Mar 10 with 497 viewsHelp

US economy is built on debt. Much bigger debt than any other country. The US economy will falter again soon, causing havoc across the word again
Pushing on string....bubbles bursting again? on 09:58 - Mar 10 with 439 viewsPinewoodblue

Pushing on string....bubbles bursting again? on 08:00 - Mar 10 by Help

US economy is built on debt. Much bigger debt than any other country. The US economy will falter again soon, causing havoc across the word again

An American friend, a bit of a doom merchant but he does make a living from trading, tells me US National debt is currently $34T and increasing at $1T every 100 days.

He also says that unfounded liabilities on social services & Medicare are over $70T.

For those who prefer to see figures unabreviated this is $1T $1,000,000,000,000.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Pushing on string....bubbles bursting again? on 10:16 - Mar 10 with 413 viewslowhouseblue

guardian article combined with attempt to poke other posters. what an exciting sunday morning you are having.

i'm only replying to point out that we're actually in the 'pulling on a string' phase of monetary policy which is the issue with the commercial property sector referenced in the article. i for one certainly have never read the guardian predict financial crisis before ... oh, no, hold on a minute.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Pushing on string....bubbles bursting again? on 10:43 - Mar 10 with 365 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pushing on string....bubbles bursting again? on 10:16 - Mar 10 by lowhouseblue

guardian article combined with attempt to poke other posters. what an exciting sunday morning you are having.

i'm only replying to point out that we're actually in the 'pulling on a string' phase of monetary policy which is the issue with the commercial property sector referenced in the article. i for one certainly have never read the guardian predict financial crisis before ... oh, no, hold on a minute.

It was Saturday night but well done on managing a comment.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Pushing on string....bubbles bursting again? on 10:56 - Mar 10 with 343 viewsPinewoodblue

Pushing on string....bubbles bursting again? on 10:43 - Mar 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

It was Saturday night but well done on managing a comment.

Nice attempt but you won’t burst his bubble.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024