Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls 09:50 - Mar 17 with 733 viewsPendejo

I tried to sell my ticket to the game within my WhatsApp group, no takers. Pendejo Snr fell over and broke his hip this week, so instead of a solo trek from South London, daughter and wife were traveling and that meant hospital visit, no football.

On the way up, without any whining from me, my wife finally fell in with my programme; they could wander around the shops and visit oldest offspring in his town centre flat, then we could go to hospital afterwards. Snr is in for a 2 week stay, he's not going anywhere. But the plan for a family meal for relegated from a restaurant sit down to a foot long sausage on Cornhill. Caribbean spice FWIW.

Because we were "late" arriving in Ipswich, I wasn't going to the game, so no time to seek out a pint with friends. But still managed to be in my seat 30 mins before kick off, FFS. Even without the pint, just before kick off needed a wee, it was nice to find the toilet empty. Made it back for kick off.

I had a feeling of doom about yesterday, those 2 league defeats on the trot were looking in my imagination. Forget their league position, their form had been good hadn't it? And Ugbo had been scoring freely. The signs were bad. Or rather my eye sight is bad and needs correction with glasses, as does my imagination. But I can't be the only one fearful of a bubble burst despite months of evidence to the contrary?

6 minutes Hutchinson, poor first touch, almost lost the ball. GOAL.
Minutes later Hladky Saves (that song needs a loud airing)
Burns goes off injured, the ever willing Jackson joins the fray
37 minutes Burgess lashed home his first goal for a year(?)
45 minutes Moore's strength in the middle results in a ball to Jackson duly delivered into area where Broadband arrived to give us a 3 goal lead.

HT exchanged messages with friends around the ground, including one who's mother had passed away last week. Condolences again, you know who you are.
I messaged; it's Wednesday, it's the championship, job not yet done.

But that didn't take long did it?

The 48th minute applause assisted a goal confusing and confounding the opposition as the boys in blue worked their magic and Hutchinson puts us 4 up.

Cue exodus from away end.
Those that remained for loud as they made a bid for best away fans of the srason... Only to be cruelly silenced by our own Iraqi weapon of mass destruction.

80 minutes; great Sarmiento effort saved AAH follows in.

90 minutes Hutchinson unselfish squares to AAH and we score 6 for first time league for ages, ok for first time this league season.
Apparently he's played 108 minutes of football for us, has 4 goals, one every 27 minutes. Bonkers!

Being churlish;-
Ref - no booking for Bannon, Hutchinson booked for excellent tackle
Players trying to set up Hutchinson for hat trick rather than score themselves
Pah!

This squad, these days!

Game over and a visit to SBR statue to meet up the boys from Beds and StevieH who lives in Rotherham these days - how many membership points? 25+ isn't it?

Then up to Ipswich hospital to see Snr, other than the fact he's now deaf and doesn't have his hearing aids, and now has a new hip. He's strong and healthy.

Whilst there get a message from a friend, someone I've known since the age of 3, he's on a cancer ward elsewhere in the hospital, so go and visit him. Turns out Allan Hunter is in next room. He would have appreciated Burgess' performance today.

So here we are 2nd, until Leeds hammer Millwall later today to regain GD. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

One. Game. At. A. Time

But as it stands, there's only one manager to win two promotions with Ipswich. He has a statue outside the ground. Back to back promotions not enough to earn a statue, but if I live to see a statue for McKenna, the years in between will have been fecking amazing.

[Post edited 17 Mar 10:00]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 09:56 - Mar 17 with 645 viewsGeoffSentence

I have to dispute the 'best away fans of the season' comment. Coventry were on it all game, the support from the Sky Blues was really top notch. They get forgotten a bit though being early in the season.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 09:56 - Mar 17 with 645 viewsPendejo

Just need to add rather than edit

TUANZEBE

uberima fides

Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 09:56 - Mar 17 with 640 views_clive_baker_

Thought things were taking a rather sinister turn there when describing your post match hospital visit, very glad to see it’s just a typo! Wish him a comfortable stay in hospital and a speedy recovery.
Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 09:58 - Mar 17 with 621 viewsPendejo

Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 09:56 - Mar 17 by GeoffSentence

I have to dispute the 'best away fans of the season' comment. Coventry were on it all game, the support from the Sky Blues was really top notch. They get forgotten a bit though being early in the season.

Pretty sure I said "made a bid for" - it was a few minutes of defiance soon crushed

uberima fides

Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 09:59 - Mar 17 with 609 viewsPendejo

Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 09:56 - Mar 17 by Pendejo

Just need to add rather than edit

TUANZEBE

Oh and 6 goals and no Leif assist - boo!

uberima fides

Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 10:01 - Mar 17 with 587 viewsPendejo

Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 09:56 - Mar 17 by _clive_baker_

Thought things were taking a rather sinister turn there when describing your post match hospital visit, very glad to see it’s just a typo! Wish him a comfortable stay in hospital and a speedy recovery.

Auto correct, now that did need an edit!

uberima fides

Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 10:08 - Mar 17 with 542 viewsChurchman

Great report. The wandering around town while you went to the football bit made me smile.

Happy memories of Mrs C and my mum doing just that while my dad and I went to the football. We’d pick them up at 5.30 outside the Cock and Pie and they’d always know the result from the looks on our faces, if they hadn’t heard it. Happy memories of what seems and is long past now (Duncan, Lyall, GB days).

I hope Snr recovers ok. They’re able to fix injuries like that so much less invasively than they used to. Long old job though.

AAH: I think he’s great. This goal hanging thing: love it! He appears to have that happy knack (skill) of trotting into the right place at the right time. Dink! 5-0! Dink! 6-0! Great character that’s going to be heck of a player for us.
Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 10:18 - Mar 17 with 487 viewsGeoffSentence

Sunday morning - ramblings on slaying of Owls on 09:58 - Mar 17 by Pendejo

Pretty sure I said "made a bid for" - it was a few minutes of defiance soon crushed

You did, that's fair enough. Those who remained did get stuck into a bit of fatalistic singing.

Mind you any fan base that starts disappearing on 50 minutes is a bit flaky, no matter what the score.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024