Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So then - THE RUN IN! how's it looking? are we doing this?! 18:15 - Apr 3 with 1014 viewsunstableblue

My brain and body are just about recovered from Monday night.

And now to look at the rest of the season.. whatever happens, this season has been glorious, but can we really take an automatic place?! We have a MONTH to go people. Lets get into the detail:

FORM
(over 6 games)

Ipswich are now top of the form table WWLWWW (still that pesky Cardiff capitulation)
Leeds are second with DWWWDW (Watford gave them a game)
Leicester are 15th with LLWDLW

But for me Leicester are close to clicking again with that Norwich result being massive, the chances created against Bristol City were ridiculous, they have the players, win the next two Brum (h) (relegation dog-fight) and in-form Millwall (a), then they'll go on a run. Lose points and the fans negativity and the pressure becomes perhaps crippling.

CURRENT LEAGUE TABLE

Ipswich P 40 GD 33 Pts 87
Leeds P 40 GD 44 Pts 86
Leicester P 39 GD 42 Pts 85

Will the GD and Leicester's game in hand prove decisive?

RUN-IN SEQUENCE

1) Sat 6th
12.30 Norwich (6th) v Ipswich - Draw
15:00 Coventry (7th) v Leeds - Draw
15:00 Leicester v Brum (20) - Win

2) Tues 9th April
19:45 Millwall (19th) v Leicester - Loss
20:00 Leeds v Sunderland (13th) - Win
Weds 10th April
19:45 Ipswich v Watford (14th) - Draw

3) Fri 12th April
20:00 Plymouth (21) v Leicester - Draw
Sat 13th April
12:30 Leeds v Blackburn (17) - Win
15:00 Ipswich v Boro (9th) - Win

4) Sat 20th April
Leicester v West Brom (5th) - Draw
Mon 22nd
Boro (9th) v Leeds - Draw

5) Tues 23rd April
Leicester v Southampton (4th) - Win

6) Sat 27th April
15:00 Hull v Ipswich - Win
15:00 PNE (8th) v Leicester - Draw
15:00 QPR (16th) v Leeds - Draw

7) Tues 30th April
15:00 Coventry (7th) v Ipswich - Loss

8) Sat 4th May
12.30 Ipswich v Huddersfield (22nd) - Win
12.30 Leeds v Southampton (4th) - Win
12.30 Leicester v Blackburn (17th) - Win

So that's

Ipswich (6 games, 11 points, 1.833 ppg) - DDW__WLW
Leeds (6 games, 11 points, 1.833 ppg) - DWWD_D_W
Leicester (7 games, 12 points, 1.71 ppg) - WLWD_W

Final table

Ipswich P 46 Pts 98
Leeds P 46 Pts 97
Leicester P 46 Pts 97

I HAVE SEEN IT IN THE RUNES!!! OUR DESTINY IS AT FOOTBALL'S TOP TABLE. BELIEVE THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM.

I welcome any comments?

But in all reality this is an insane run in for all teams.. who'd want to play Blackburn (2 games), QPR, PNE, Watford, Coventry (2), or Southampton (2) right now? I think if Town can take 4 points from Norwich and Watford, and Leicester get less than 3 against Brum and Millwall.. then we will fly up. I think our long rest may really help.

I personally think bar the Ramsey top tier title and the UEFA team's triumph an automatic promotion place will be Town's greatest achievement. The squad value gap is remarkable. A galvanising win in the East Anglian Derby would be immense.
[Post edited 3 Apr 18:30]

Poll: What do you think of the new away kit?

So then - THE RUN IN! how's it looking? are we doing this?! on 18:18 - Apr 3 with 933 viewsMK1

Leeds win the League, on goal difference. We finish second and WBA beat Leicester in the final of the Play-offs.
So then - THE RUN IN! how's it looking? are we doing this?! on 18:19 - Apr 3 with 919 viewsunstableblue

So then - THE RUN IN! how's it looking? are we doing this?! on 18:18 - Apr 3 by MK1

Leeds win the League, on goal difference. We finish second and WBA beat Leicester in the final of the Play-offs.

But that's not what the Runes said...

Yes its hard to not see past a Leeds title.
[Post edited 3 Apr 18:31]

So then - THE RUN IN! how's it looking? are we doing this?! on 18:22 - Apr 3 with 883 viewsDubtractor

I've compared the run ins a few times, but can't do result predictions as at the point of the season odd results are the norm, so just look in generalities at the teams we're all playing.

What I will say, is that we've all got games that could thrown us off course, and I think we'll all lose at least one game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So then - THE RUN IN! how's it looking? are we doing this?! on 18:28 - Apr 3 with 837 viewsunstableblue

So then - THE RUN IN! how's it looking? are we doing this?! on 18:22 - Apr 3 by Dubtractor

I've compared the run ins a few times, but can't do result predictions as at the point of the season odd results are the norm, so just look in generalities at the teams we're all playing.

What I will say, is that we've all got games that could thrown us off course, and I think we'll all lose at least one game.

I think my conclusion is the same as your's Dubster, there are so many matches where the top three could get (as you say) thrown off course...

The below are where my prediction may have been too positive to a promotion contender:

15:00 Coventry (7th) v Leeds - Draw
15:00 Leicester v Brum (20) - Win

19:45 Ipswich v Watford (14th) - Draw

12:30 Leeds v Blackburn (17) - Win

Leicester v West Brom (5th) - Draw
Boro (9th) v Leeds - Draw

Leicester v Southampton (4th) - Win

15:00 Hull v Ipswich - Win
15:00 QPR (16th) v Leeds - Draw

12.30 Leeds v Southampton (4th) - Win
12.30 Leicester v Blackburn (17th) - Win

Very hard to predict.. as I stated one hope is if Leicester don't start getting into consistent winning over the next 3 or 4 games. If they click, we're fecked. Their fans are not helping, not is the Sword of Damocles that is the points deduction (which even their rooky manager quoted as affecting the players)
[Post edited 3 Apr 18:31]

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024