Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Training ground 07:45 - Apr 5 with 1016 viewsMillsTash

Anyone know if the public can view training sessions at Playford Road? My son is desperate to try and get some autographs and meet the players.

I know Paul Cook opened it up to the public but not sure on it now
Training ground on 09:04 - Apr 5 with 915 viewsTVRBlue

I don't believe the actual training sessions are open to the public.

However, the players park and change at the training "HQ" (for want of a better expression!) and then walk across Playford Road to the land and pitches between Playford Road and Bent Lane which is where, I think, the first team train - at least on occasion.

So your boy should be able to at least see the players and, hopefully, be in a position to ask for autographs.

Good luck.
Training ground on 09:08 - Apr 5 with 883 viewsMillsTash

Training ground on 09:04 - Apr 5 by TVRBlue

However, the players park and change at the training "HQ" (for want of a better expression!) and then walk across Playford Road to the land and pitches between Playford Road and Bent Lane which is where, I think, the first team train - at least on occasion.

So your boy should be able to at least see the players and, hopefully, be in a position to ask for autographs.

Good luck.

Thanks for that. I do remember the good old days of them crossing over the road and then walking with them onto the Bent Lane training ground and watching the session.

I’m guessing a 10.30am start for their training?
Training ground on 09:18 - Apr 5 with 835 viewsTVRBlue

Training ground on 09:08 - Apr 5 by MillsTash

Thanks for that. I do remember the good old days of them crossing over the road and then walking with them onto the Bent Lane training ground and watching the session.

I’m guessing a 10.30am start for their training?

No problem.

I believe when they have double sessions they sometimes start the first training session earlier, possibly 9-30 ish.

There is a security person on the entrance in to Playford Road training ground facility, so if you are local you could take your son up there 9-15 ish and ask him/her what time the players will be going over that day.

Fingers crossed you choose the day they are over the Bent Lane side.
Training ground on 09:20 - Apr 5 with 827 viewsThisIsMyUsername

No chance. Not even everyone who works at the training ground is allowed to watch 1st Team training.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Training ground on 09:25 - Apr 5 with 800 viewslurcher

Training ground on 09:04 - Apr 5 by TVRBlue

Good luck.

Not anymore. the new 1st team pitches that were constructed last season are on the main site. The pitches on the Bent lane site are now used by the youth teams. You cant get into the main site, but you might be able to catch a glimpse of the 1st team from the footpath between the main site and Ipswich wanderers.
Training ground on 09:27 - Apr 5 with 769 viewsNthQldITFC

Training ground on 09:20 - Apr 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

No chance. Not even everyone who works at the training ground is allowed to watch 1st Team training.

I spotted a hairy German in the hedge earlier, but he claimed he was just looking for old jazz mags and also that a squashed up, quivering 4-4-2 'voz not necessarily ein negative und cowardly tactic'.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Training ground on 09:40 - Apr 5 with 700 viewsTVRBlue

Training ground on 09:25 - Apr 5 by lurcher

Not anymore. the new 1st team pitches that were constructed last season are on the main site. The pitches on the Bent lane site are now used by the youth teams. You cant get into the main site, but you might be able to catch a glimpse of the 1st team from the footpath between the main site and Ipswich wanderers.

Hi Lurcher,

Have PM'd you.

Cheers.
Training ground on 09:47 - Apr 5 with 656 viewsSitfcB

You can go after a game to get autographs and pictures, a line forms from the reception doors down the main drive.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024