Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we lost some of our bite when Jackson was subbed. 22:16 - Apr 10 with 764 viewsWeWereZombies

If Omari had been subbed at the same time it would have been an even weaker second half. But to put so much weight on those young shoulders is a bit much as well. Not that I blame McKenna, I think our success this season is also the cause of out problems, it has been draining for many of our players.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I think we lost some of our bite when Jackson was subbed. on 22:45 - Apr 10 with 663 viewsBondiBlue

Right before the substitutions did you notice omari look at the bench, head the corner away and then sprint to halfway to close down the player who received the clearance?

He was saying to mckenna i don't want to come off and look how fit i am. And to be fair, he looked sharp for the full 90. Class act.

Poll: Which would you accept?

I think we lost some of our bite when Jackson was subbed. on 23:03 - Apr 10 with 586 viewsAviator

I think we lost some of our bite when Jackson was subbed. on 22:45 - Apr 10 by BondiBlue

Right before the substitutions did you notice omari look at the bench, head the corner away and then sprint to halfway to close down the player who received the clearance?

He was saying to mckenna i don't want to come off and look how fit i am. And to be fair, he looked sharp for the full 90. Class act.

I think a lot of the problem is managers on the touch line. If they had a box in the stands they could analyse the game from a more remote and calm perspective like us. More rational decisions would follow. SBR used to watch from the stands for long periods.
I think we lost some of our bite when Jackson was subbed. on 23:07 - Apr 10 with 569 viewscressi

Really
I think we lost some of our bite when Jackson was subbed. on 23:10 - Apr 10 with 547 viewstractorboy1978

I thought other than a brief spell in the first half he was pretty poor in an attacking sense. He didn’t seem to have a clue what runs to make. We looked miles better with Omari on the right with Clarke overlapping.
[Post edited 10 Apr 23:13]
I think we lost some of our bite when Jackson was subbed. on 23:11 - Apr 10 with 540 viewsWeWereZombies

I think we lost some of our bite when Jackson was subbed. on 23:07 - Apr 10 by cressi

Really

Yes really, look at some of the runs he made and balls he put into the box tonight. If anything his problem is that he is so fast that the rest of the attack are still catching up.

I think we lost some of our bite when Jackson was subbed. on 23:12 - Apr 10 with 538 viewsDubtractor

I don't agree with that.

First 15-20 minutes of the second half we were really poor, and Jackson wasn't involved at all. Once the subs had settled we had all of the momentum in the game, bit unfortunately Watford were getting more and more rigid and compact with their defending, so chances just weren't coming.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I think we lost some of our bite when Jackson was subbed. on 23:19 - Apr 10 with 462 viewsWeWereZombies

I think we lost some of our bite when Jackson was subbed. on 23:12 - Apr 10 by Dubtractor

I don't agree with that.

First 15-20 minutes of the second half we were really poor, and Jackson wasn't involved at all. Once the subs had settled we had all of the momentum in the game, bit unfortunately Watford were getting more and more rigid and compact with their defending, so chances just weren't coming.

You have a point about the start of the second half but, then again, he took some time to get involved in the first half and was at his strongest twenty minutes in until half time. Maybe it needs the rest of the team to position themselves and wrong foot the opposition for a while before the space opens up for Jackson to exploit. I don't think he had run out of steam but McKenna has his plan for the game and undoubtedly know better than us how things might turn out so a slight change of approach was his decision. As you say, Watford adapted to our substitutions quite well as part of their overall aim to quieten us down.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024