Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE RUN-IN ver7.0… in our hands with 3 to go, remarkable. Hull? 13:07 - Apr 14 with 2178 viewsunstableblue

CURRENT LEAGUE TABLE

1. Ipswich P 43 GD 32 Pts 89
2. Leicester P 42 GD 41 Pts 88
3. Leeds P 43 GD 42 Pts 87
4. Saints P 41 GD 26 Pts 81

Now Town rest and watch-on prior to the massive game at Hull.
Hull are 6 points off Norwich with a game in hand, but inferior goal difference.
Norwich play Bristol City at home Saturday and Hull are away at Watford, then Hull play Coventry away on the Weds before facing Town. So could fatigued and/or out of the play-off race for our match.

RUN-IN SEQUENCE (league position of opponent)

2) Tues 16th April
20:00 Saints v PNE (8th)

2) Sat 20th April
12.30 Leicester v West Brom (5th)
15:00 Cardiff (11th) v Saints
Mon 22nd
20:00 Boro (9th) v Leeds

3) Tues 23rd April
20:00 Leicester v Southampton (4th)

4) Fri 26th
20:00 QPR (16th) v Leeds
Sat 27th April
15:00 Saints v Stoke (20th)
20:00 Hull (10) v Ipswich
Mon 29th
20:00 PNE (8th) v Leicester

5) Tues 30th April
20:00 Coventry (7th) v Ipswich

6) Sat 4th May
12.30 Ipswich v Huddersfield (21st)
12.30 Leeds v Southampton (4th)
12.30 Leicester v Blackburn (18th)
[Post edited 15 Apr 11:35]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

West Brom unbeaten in 4, Boro unbeaten in 9 on 09:28 - Apr 15 with 1895 viewsunstableblue

Surely points will be dropped by our rivals?

And then Leicester's game in hand is Southampton

THE RUN-IN ver7.0… in our hands with 3 to go, remarkable. Hull? on 09:35 - Apr 15 with 1869 viewsLord_Lucan

You have Soton on 82 points, however they only have 81

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

THE RUN-IN ver7.0… in our hands with 3 to go, remarkable. Hull? on 09:47 - Apr 15 with 1827 viewsbrazil1982

I think Saints may trip up at Cardiff, but the Leicester v Saints match will have the most impact on all of this.
I can see Leeds dropping points at Boro.
I can see us dropping points at Hull or Coventry. I think we will win and draw those respectfully.
Thanks - updated - Saints could still be on 90 by the time we play Hull on 11:36 - Apr 15 with 1676 viewsunstableblue

THE RUN-IN ver7.0… in our hands with 3 to go, remarkable. Hull? on 09:35 - Apr 15 by Lord_Lucan

You have Soton on 82 points, however they only have 81

So above us, but having played one more.

That would mean they would have taken 3 points off Leicester

A lot of this is going to come down to how the teams with nothing to play for on 11:46 - Apr 15 with 1618 viewsunstableblue

THE RUN-IN ver7.0… in our hands with 3 to go, remarkable. Hull? on 09:47 - Apr 15 by brazil1982

I think Saints may trip up at Cardiff, but the Leicester v Saints match will have the most impact on all of this.
I can see Leeds dropping points at Boro.
I can see us dropping points at Hull or Coventry. I think we will win and draw those respectfully.

.. show up in the remaining ties.

Boro, QPR, Coventry, PNE, Blackburn, and hopefully Hull by the time they play us - season's are over.

These teams are closer to the beach.

But I do think managers like Carrick all want to finish strongly as a high as possible, and play their part in the late drama. Carrick could do his buddy McKennas cause a big boost by beating Leeds on Saturday night!

THE RUN-IN ver7.0… in our hands with 3 to go, remarkable. Hull? on 12:31 - Apr 15 with 1482 views_clive_baker_

Goes without saying really but Saturday - Tuesday really is going to be pivotal isn't it.

Leicester vs. West Brom
Saints at Cardiff
Leeds at Boro
Leicester vs. Saints

We've been saying this for weeks but it really does feel like we'll know a lot more come 10pm on 23rd.

I'm not really thinking about the final day. For me the aim should be can we go in to that day with it in our hands. If we can achieve that we really couldn't have asked for any more from this period.
Tuesday to Tuesday really on 13:15 - Apr 15 with 1369 viewsunstableblue

THE RUN-IN ver7.0… in our hands with 3 to go, remarkable. Hull? on 12:31 - Apr 15 by _clive_baker_

Goes without saying really but Saturday - Tuesday really is going to be pivotal isn't it.

Leicester vs. West Brom
Saints at Cardiff
Leeds at Boro
Leicester vs. Saints

We've been saying this for weeks but it really does feel like we'll know a lot more come 10pm on 23rd.

I'm not really thinking about the final day. For me the aim should be can we go in to that day with it in our hands. If we can achieve that we really couldn't have asked for any more from this period.

2) Tues 16th April
20:00 Saints v PNE (8th)

2) Sat 20th April
12.30 Leicester v West Brom (5th)
15:00 Cardiff (11th) v Saints
Mon 22nd
20:00 Boro (9th) v Leeds

3) Tues 23rd April
20:00 Leicester v Southampton (4th)

If Saint win well this week against Preston, then its a real run forming. And they'll go into the weekend fired up, to take on Cardiff, and then set-up a real ding dong at the King Power next Tuesday.

THE RUN-IN ver7.0… in our hands with 3 to go, remarkable. Hull? on 00:14 - Apr 16 with 1118 viewsBossy

I've got a feeling we'll have enough… just.

Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing I don't know. I love the feeling of progression but the EPL isn't all it's cracked up to be. If we don't go up I think we're on for interesting times of building up the squad, improving the ground and so on.

Having said that I think we'll have enough to go up. I think we'll either get 2xW and 1xD or 3xW.
[Post edited 16 Apr 0:50]
Login to get fewer ads

EPL not so bad... and I do think we'll have enough to go up on 21:21 - Apr 16 with 785 viewsunstableblue

THE RUN-IN ver7.0… in our hands with 3 to go, remarkable. Hull? on 00:14 - Apr 16 by Bossy

I've got a feeling we'll have enough… just.

Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing I don't know. I love the feeling of progression but the EPL isn't all it's cracked up to be. If we don't go up I think we're on for interesting times of building up the squad, improving the ground and so on.

Having said that I think we'll have enough to go up. I think we'll either get 2xW and 1xD or 3xW.
[Post edited 16 Apr 0:50]

If you look at Brighton, Wolves, Fulham, Bournemouth, Palace and Brentford they realy don't have that bad a time in the EPL.

And getting to that level quickly is surely the goal?

Brighton W11 D11 L10
Wolves W12 D7 L13
Fulham W12 D6 L15

I would be happy with seasons like that! and to watch the likes of Zaka, Foden, Sala!

We can but dream. But in our hands!

A lot of this is going to come down to how the teams with nothing to play for on 07:56 - Apr 17 with 614 viewsBlueBoots

A lot of this is going to come down to how the teams with nothing to play for on 11:46 - Apr 15 by unstableblue

.. show up in the remaining ties.

Boro, QPR, Coventry, PNE, Blackburn, and hopefully Hull by the time they play us - season's are over.

These teams are closer to the beach.

But I do think managers like Carrick all want to finish strongly as a high as possible, and play their part in the late drama. Carrick could do his buddy McKennas cause a big boost by beating Leeds on Saturday night!

I wouldn't include QPR in that list...they're having a blip after their good run and have been drawn back into the relegation battle, so will probably still be fighting for points in their home match against Leeds.

Much as I hate to say it, with Hull playing away at Watford and Coventry before they play us, and Norwich having 2 matches at home against teams with nothing to play for (and their solid home form) pretty likely Hull will be out of the play-off race by the time we play them; could work both ways...teams that need points tend to be more open and attacking, although as it's Hull's last home game of the season you'd think they'd want to make a game of it anyway.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

EPL not so bad... and I do think we'll have enough to go up on 08:47 - Apr 17 with 513 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

EPL not so bad... and I do think we'll have enough to go up on 21:21 - Apr 16 by unstableblue

If you look at Brighton, Wolves, Fulham, Bournemouth, Palace and Brentford they realy don't have that bad a time in the EPL.

And getting to that level quickly is surely the goal?

Brighton W11 D11 L10
Wolves W12 D7 L13
Fulham W12 D6 L15

I would be happy with seasons like that! and to watch the likes of Zaka, Foden, Sala!

We can but dream. But in our hands!

I’d rather watch players that actually exist

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024