Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? 07:08 - Apr 30 with 2773 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Is tonight our biggest match since Wembley 2000?

I can't think of too many other contenders considering the potential rewards.

Maybe some of the crucial matches we dropped points in towards the end of '01/'02 and '04/'05. Or the '14/'15 play-off semis against Nodge. The matches towards the end of last season were all massive too because promotion was a must.
Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? on 12:31 - Apr 30 with 382 viewsBlueNomad

Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? on 07:53 - Apr 30 by ElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you weren’t born when Town played a couple of years in the Prem and in Europe, won at Anfield, played Inter Réserves in the UEFA Cup or Arsenal reserves in a league cup semi?

When your "15 years" is inevitably ended you will have nothing.

(We can sing 25 years to Man City, but I don't suppose it bothers them)
Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? on 13:36 - Apr 30 with 324 viewsWonTheCupin78

Perhaps you weren’t born when Town played a couple of years in the Prem and in Europe, won at Anfield, played Inter Réserves in the UEFA Cup or Arsenal reserves in a league cup semi?

Not sure who told you we played Inter and Arsenal Reserves, but whoever it was can't be trusted as that's a downright lie. Strongly suggest taking a look at where you heard that from.
Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? on 15:18 - Apr 30 with 279 viewsOldFart71

Very important in the context of things. Lose and we are probably playoffs, draw and we still need to beat Huddersfield, win and we'll most like still need a point against Huddersfield. A real shame we didn't win our last game. But then take the pressure off and maybe there will be a bit of "We only need, this result, or that" All games must be viewed as winning games and go from there.
Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? on 15:25 - Apr 30 with 269 viewsbazza

Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? on 13:36 - Apr 30 by WonTheCupin78

Not sure who told you we played Inter and Arsenal Reserves, but whoever it was can't be trusted as that's a downright lie. Strongly suggest taking a look at where you heard that from.

Is it physically possible to bend all the way over, poke your head through your legs, and take a look at your own hole??
Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? on 15:39 - Apr 30 with 244 viewsBiGDonnie

B*llend.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? on 15:47 - Apr 30 with 236 viewsOldFart71

Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? on 11:13 - Apr 30 by Bluroo

Assuming we don't lose tonight, then Huddersfield will be the equivalent of the PO Final in 2000, the same prize. Could argue its worth more now in terms of the financial rewards, our momentum as a club, McKenna, etc.

Although this will sound illogical, I don't think it will be a bad thing if we "only" draw tonight and go into the Huddersfield game with the clarity of purpose of needing to win. Although only needing a draw is obviously easier on paper, when you combine the psychological effects of the pressure, needing to win might actually relax and bring the best out of the players rather than playing in the fear of not losing...

Who knows. Whatever, I'm confident that McKenna and the boys will get it done over the next 2 games. We've basically been on track all season.

Enjoying the journey.

I think we should never believe a draw is good enough in the context of these two games. Football has a habit of biting you on the rear end . What we must not do under any circumstances is lose tonight. Obvious no good if we then lost to Huddersfield but can't see Saints in their current form getting anything out of Leeds and us doing anything less than a draw tonight will see a pretty hostile game at Elland Road and given that our goal difference is ia lot worse than Leeds it would be likely we end up in the playoffs, which given we had three games against Leeds one would whilst not in any way make our season a bad one would be pretty disappointing.
Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? on 16:02 - Apr 30 with 217 viewsEuropablue

Biggest Match since Wembley 2000? on 15:47 - Apr 30 by OldFart71

I think we should never believe a draw is good enough in the context of these two games. Football has a habit of biting you on the rear end . What we must not do under any circumstances is lose tonight. Obvious no good if we then lost to Huddersfield but can't see Saints in their current form getting anything out of Leeds and us doing anything less than a draw tonight will see a pretty hostile game at Elland Road and given that our goal difference is ia lot worse than Leeds it would be likely we end up in the playoffs, which given we had three games against Leeds one would whilst not in any way make our season a bad one would be pretty disappointing.

We'll absolutely be going out for the win, but I hope we won't be taking stupid risks if we are all square on 90 minutes. We would back ourselves to win at home against Huddersfield. Obviously, it would be easier to only need a draw.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024