Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday in Town 11:38 - May 1 with 1497 viewsLeics_Blue

As one of many who couldn't get a ticket for Sat, I am looking to come down for the day from Leicester with my daughter just to be a part of the whole day - bus welcome etc (we missed out last year on Exeter as we were away).

Obviously not a local so looking for advice on where is best to watch the game.

Was tempted to just watch on a phone/iPad on the park opposite the ground but also considering pub's/screens etc.

Can I have some advice about good/best places to watch the game? Weather is looking decent so a nice outside space with a screen would be sensational but also a lot to ask for!

Just general tips to make Saturday as memorable for my daughter (9) as possible would be greatly appreciated.
Saturday in Town on 11:47 - May 1 with 1403 viewsle2blue

A few other threads have asked the same question, so worth checking those out. But I'd suggest Issacs, lots of screens and not too far from the ground.

Having said that, I'd go for your iPad in the park idea, you'll get the full sound effects all be slightly delayed and I bet there will be a few doing it if it's a nice day.

We've been doing the drive down from Leicester for 15+ years now, quite a few blues up here, will thoroughly enjoy the A14 drive for once!
Saturday in Town on 11:50 - May 1 with 1366 viewsBluespeed225

Pubs in Town Center might be a bit much for a 9 year old on Saturday so your park plan sounds a good idea, but it’s weather permitting. Isaacs on the waterfront might be ok, huge place, lots of screens so you can find a spot for your young’un. The Station Hotel, 5 minutes from ground opposite the station, might be ok, away fans pub, but they’ll all have gone to game, it’s got screens. Greyhound pub is a decent crowd, could well have emptied out for the game, don’t think they have screens. Local council might make a late announcement about putting something up in Town Center, but can they get Sky coverage for that, I don’t know. They could buy a dodgy fire stick?
Saturday in Town on 11:58 - May 1 with 1296 viewsLeics_Blue

Saturday in Town on 11:47 - May 1 by le2blue

A few other threads have asked the same question, so worth checking those out. But I'd suggest Issacs, lots of screens and not too far from the ground.

Having said that, I'd go for your iPad in the park idea, you'll get the full sound effects all be slightly delayed and I bet there will be a few doing it if it's a nice day.

We've been doing the drive down from Leicester for 15+ years now, quite a few blues up here, will thoroughly enjoy the A14 drive for once!

The A14 in the darker days was never a pleasant drive but recently the results and the "improvements" to the road have made it much more enjoyable.

A big screen in the park would be the absolute dream scenario!

Thanks for the tips as well mate.
Saturday in Town on 11:59 - May 1 with 1286 viewsLeics_Blue

Saturday in Town on 11:50 - May 1 by Bluespeed225

Pubs in Town Center might be a bit much for a 9 year old on Saturday so your park plan sounds a good idea, but it’s weather permitting. Isaacs on the waterfront might be ok, huge place, lots of screens so you can find a spot for your young’un. The Station Hotel, 5 minutes from ground opposite the station, might be ok, away fans pub, but they’ll all have gone to game, it’s got screens. Greyhound pub is a decent crowd, could well have emptied out for the game, don’t think they have screens. Local council might make a late announcement about putting something up in Town Center, but can they get Sky coverage for that, I don’t know. They could buy a dodgy fire stick?

Nice one thanks mate.

Will keep an eye out for announcements on any other things that may or may not happen.
Saturday in Town on 13:08 - May 1 with 1153 viewsBobbychase

I think there will be news in the local press tomorrow about any plans for the town itself (I have no inside on info on what they might be, just that there are stories being written)

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Saturday in Town on 13:39 - May 1 with 1064 viewsLeics_Blue

Saturday in Town on 13:08 - May 1 by Bobbychase

I think there will be news in the local press tomorrow about any plans for the town itself (I have no inside on info on what they might be, just that there are stories being written)

Perfect, will keep a look out.
Saturday in Town on 13:52 - May 1 with 985 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Saturday in Town on 13:08 - May 1 by Bobbychase

Might be that the club or council are thinking of putting big screens up in the town centre. Would make perfect sense.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Saturday in Town on 15:52 - May 1 with 766 viewsitfcjoe

Saturday in Town on 13:52 - May 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Might be that the club or council are thinking of putting big screens up in the town centre. Would make perfect sense.

I'm not sure it makes that much sense when 27k fans are going to be going to the game, can't imagine there is much demand outside of that to see it (and probably wouldn't be able to with rights from Sky anyway)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Saturday in Town on 16:14 - May 1 with 670 viewsBobbychase

Saturday in Town on 15:52 - May 1 by itfcjoe

I'm not sure it makes that much sense when 27k fans are going to be going to the game, can't imagine there is much demand outside of that to see it (and probably wouldn't be able to with rights from Sky anyway)

I know lots of people coming into town just to be there, even though they don't have tickets. Some from as far away as South Wales and Cornwall, I think there will be thousands looking for somewhere to watch it with fellow fans.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Saturday in Town on 16:22 - May 1 with 616 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Saturday in Town on 15:52 - May 1 by itfcjoe

Dunno, seems like a lot of people are converging on Ipswich without tickets, just from posts on here. But I have no idea of the cost of such a thing, so maybe it isn't worth it (and like you say, Sky might prohibit it).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024