Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives of a new manager 07:14 - May 24 with 2058 viewsstickymockwell

Plucking at straws here but here goes.

A new guy will have no loyalty to the players that got us up so the sentiment dissappears. He will look at the squad with fresh eyes and will be more ruthless. He'll have a good war chest to make improvements. We might even have to sell Davis but if we get 20 million plus for a left back then we can get a decent replacement for half the money. Our system suited Davis but I can easily see somebody else's could render him an average fullback if he doesn't have the freedom of a Mckenna system.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Positives of a new manager on 10:14 - May 24 with 155 viewsEireannach_gorm

Positives of a new manager on 09:15 - May 24 by Europablue

I'd also be happy if McKenna left us to manage England to a cup win. Southgate has done a lot of things right. He brought the team spirit back and has proven very good at getting the team through the early rounds and games when England are the favourites, but he lacks courage and is too cautious in key phases of games and ends up finding a way to lose rather than finding a way to win.

Hold on a minute, Ireland need a manager more
Positives of a new manager on 10:34 - May 24 with 121 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Positives of a new manager on 08:17 - May 24 by ElephantintheRoom

I think you are being a tad over optimistic. The players will rightly be devastated when McKenna goes - and a raft of yes men will follow. The coaching staff will be gone - and the cynical decisions to bin the academy and borrow other teams’ players might come home to roost. IF he goes to a basket case like Chelsea - which if you look at it, is almost identical to what was going on at Ipswich immediately after the takeover, he might even want Ashton there as part of the deal to manage the egotistical American chancers - which he’s been very good at.

Given that the current team are overachieving journeymen and the inspirational skipper looks singularly ill equipped to survive in the Prem unless he can modify his ahem ‘competitive’ style then the most likely scenario is a challenge to Sheff U’s recent effort. I’d also suggest that even if McKenna was of a mind to stay (which clearly he never has been) the damage is already done. His greed and opportunism have already burst the bubble.

I am happy again!

When Nellie gets the fountain pen out and attacks ITFC from every angle... well, I know all will be fine!

This is the highest quality drivel imaginable. Thank you, thank you. Just by laughing at this I realise - again - how amazing the last 2 years have been, and the excitement ahead.

We are now in a terrific place. Thank you KM. And will be attractive to many fantastic managers and players, whatever happens over the next few weeks.

How wonderfully different to a few years ago.
Positives of a new manager on 10:35 - May 24 with 113 viewspositivity

Positives of a new manager on 10:14 - May 24 by Eireannach_gorm

Hold on a minute, Ireland need a manager more

mick's still unemployed. if you want a dream ticket, i'm sure keane would sign up as his assistant

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024