Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hate to add to the drama, but I will . . . 08:58 - May 24 with 500 viewsbsw72

Imagine you get the chance to manage the club you have always supported, taking the team over while it is in "crisis" and at it's lowest position for 30+ years, but have new ownership in place and you have the opportunity to be the saviour, turn things around and build a team for the future. What would you do?

Obviously all the above is assuming Ten Haag is no longer in charge come end of May.
I hate to add to the drama, but I will . . . on 09:06 - May 24 with 445 viewsEuropablue

I have absolutely nothing against him going to Utd., he would go with my blessing. It was clear from the beginning that managing Utd. was his goal and obviously needed some experience lower down the leagues to get noticed.
He'd actually go with my blessing, but not if he went to Brighton or Chelsea.
I hate to add to the drama, but I will . . . on 09:14 - May 24 with 404 viewsBloomBlue

If he goes I don't blame him. Its a job, I like millions moved jobs for more opportunity/money.

So I can understand why he would move to a ManU or even Chelsea, Brighton.

Chelsea I think is dangerous for his career, Potter lost the dressing room even before day1 as they players didn't rate him. Also Chelsea and ManU want a yes man, they won't take managers like Mourinho now as they know he'll never be a yes man.

But to be fair to McKenna he obviously has total belief in his own ability and as you say the chance to go into ManU and turn it around and becoming the next Sir Alex is I'm sure overwhelming.
I hate to add to the drama, but I will . . . on 09:14 - May 24 with 405 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You'd take it... but I'd be absolutely astounded if Man U entrusted the biggest club in world football to someone who hasn't managed in the Prem or Europe. It would be an extraordinarily bold move and very much go against what they've always done.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I hate to add to the drama, but I will . . . on 14:20 - May 24 with 320 viewsClareBlue

He gets paid by the Club to do a job which he has done to an exceptional standard. If he gets an offer of a job that he considers better, be it money, prestige, opportunities, or anything else, then he is within his rights to take it. We all do this through our working life. It's no different for managers of football clubs. Nobody owes unquestionable loyalty to someone who pays you to do a job for them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024