Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man United the jealous ex? 11:04 - May 24 with 694 viewsBellevue_Blue

I can't help but shake the feeling that he's going to end up with the United job, but why?

As has been reported for a long while, he is the top choice of Brighton and likely has been for a while given the speculation around De Zerbi's future over the past year.

In that time, two influential figures in the Brighton recruitment team (Winstanley & Jewell) have been headhunted to be part of the new-look Chelsea team. Now they need to be seen to add value so what have they done? They've brought elements of the same system/ way of thinking over and the result of that is a recommendation of Kieran Mckenna as the next manager.

Then there's United, who let him walk following a continuous stream of public outcry regarding his coaching methods. They know him as a person, as a coach but on those factors alone they can't seriously be considering a manager with two years experience for what is renowned to be the biggest job in world football.

What I think is happening is they are watching this media circus unfold and almost certainly thinking to themselves 'Can we really let an ex Man United assistant manager become the next Chelsea boss' or 'Can we really allow a possible world-class manager to thrive elsewhere after the head start we had'.

And I think the answer to those questions Is no, which is why I think they would rather conduct the experiment and it succeed or fail with them.
Man United the jealous ex? on 11:51 - May 24 with 587 viewsstonojnr

the 2 problems with that are

1) you only get one chance at the Man Utd job, if he takes it has to work, else its a busted flush and he'll never get the chance to try again.

2) Ten Hag, who steered the club to 8th, and an FA cup final is considered a failure.
Man United the jealous ex? on 11:56 - May 24 with 554 viewsChorleyBoy

With that explanation, as much as we have vilified KMcK's agent, it appears he's played an absolute blinder.
[Post edited 24 May 12:13]
Man United the jealous ex? on 12:02 - May 24 with 514 viewsBellevue_Blue

Man United the jealous ex? on 11:51 - May 24 by stonojnr

1) you only get one chance at the Man Utd job, if he takes it has to work, else its a busted flush and he'll never get the chance to try again.

2) Ten Hag, who steered the club to 8th, and an FA cup final is considered a failure.

Of course, but even if it doesn't work, he's managed the biggest club in the world and the club he supports.

It's not the same but If I gave you the opportunity to manage Ipswich in the premier league, would you say 'no, I'm going to wait a few years in case I fail and the expectations are a little big'. Of course you wouldn't.
Man United the jealous ex? on 12:57 - May 24 with 407 viewsstrikalite

Man United the jealous ex? on 11:51 - May 24 by stonojnr

So you would have thought that timing is everything, I do think he's holding out to see what happens up at OT, but for me this isn't the best time to be taking it, at 38 he'll have plenty of opportunities in the future no doubt.
Man United the jealous ex? on 13:00 - May 24 with 396 viewsNutkins_Return

They are on of the biggest clubs in the world. He is also a boyhood man Utd fan. It's literally his dream. He's earnt the chance. Hope he stays but other than the fact he has built some memories and bonds here there is no contest. He's not grown up and Ipswich fan like us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024