Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best guitar solo 16:45 - May 13 with 8729 viewsBelsteadCav

This sounds amazing




King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

0
Best guitar solo on 21:38 - May 18 with 637 viewsWeWereZombies

Tony Blair's guitar tutor !


Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

-1
Best guitar solo on 09:08 - May 20 with 560 viewsWeWereZombies

Page six and no Fripp yet ?



'On closer inspection of his early years, Stewart can identify the point where he changed from accomplished balladeer to intrepid chronicler. That will be revealed after the engagingly articulate songsmith, born in Glasgow in 1945 but brought up in south-west England, has gleefully shared another certain qualification.

“I have an interesting prog rock credential which you might not know,” he confides. “I grew up just outside Wimborne, in Dorset. I used to take the bus with another kid who was roughly my own age, and I ended up taking 10 guitar lessons from him. I never managed to learn very much, but he was always trying to teach me. This, of course, was Robert Fripp.

“I did a radio show around ’68 where Fripp came in and played guitar, so I have actually performed live with Robert. He says about me, and he didn’t say it to me – it was an interview he did, or something, because he’s got a lot of students, the League Of Crafty Guitarists – and they said, ‘Have any of your pupils been successful?’ And he said, ‘Only one of them ever made it, and that was Al Stewart, and he did it by ignoring everything I ever tried to teach him.’”' https://www.loudersound.com/fe

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

1
Best guitar solo on 21:02 - May 20 with 527 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Back in the days when we used to discuss possible goal celebration music I believe I suggested the first 2 minutes of this ...


Poll: As we are indulging in pointless quesions. If my aunt had balls would she be ...

1
Best guitar solo on 21:35 - May 20 with 506 viewsRetiredBlue

And still no Zappa, have to correct that

If I could have my time again, I would be an assassin / hitman. There are simply some people who should have been strangled at birth.

2
Best guitar solo on 23:22 - May 20 with 480 viewseireblue

1
Best guitar solo on 07:23 - May 21 with 455 viewsWeWereZombies

Best guitar solo on 09:08 - May 20 by WeWereZombies

Page six and no Fripp yet ?



'On closer inspection of his early years, Stewart can identify the point where he changed from accomplished balladeer to intrepid chronicler. That will be revealed after the engagingly articulate songsmith, born in Glasgow in 1945 but brought up in south-west England, has gleefully shared another certain qualification.

“I have an interesting prog rock credential which you might not know,” he confides. “I grew up just outside Wimborne, in Dorset. I used to take the bus with another kid who was roughly my own age, and I ended up taking 10 guitar lessons from him. I never managed to learn very much, but he was always trying to teach me. This, of course, was Robert Fripp.

“I did a radio show around ’68 where Fripp came in and played guitar, so I have actually performed live with Robert. He says about me, and he didn’t say it to me – it was an interview he did, or something, because he’s got a lot of students, the League Of Crafty Guitarists – and they said, ‘Have any of your pupils been successful?’ And he said, ‘Only one of them ever made it, and that was Al Stewart, and he did it by ignoring everything I ever tried to teach him.’”' https://www.loudersound.com/fe


Talking of Al Stewart...he is quite good at finding ace guitarists like David Nachmanoff to play his solos:


Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

0
Best guitar solo on 21:25 - Jun 1 with 240 viewsWeWereZombies

Another post in the hope of gender balance:


Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026