| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom 07:13 - Sep 18 with 1375 views | Wallingford_Boy | In playing the number 9 role. Emersonn maybe, but Akpom?! Quote from GON. |  |
| |  |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 07:16 - Sep 18 with 1348 views | SheffordBlue | Think the comment was more that he was behind on understanding the role down to the length of time with the squad rather than that he's third choice. That would also have been true last Saturday when he was the one given the nod. |  |
|  |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 08:17 - Sep 18 with 1119 views | TRUE_BLUE123 |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 07:16 - Sep 18 by SheffordBlue | Think the comment was more that he was behind on understanding the role down to the length of time with the squad rather than that he's third choice. That would also have been true last Saturday when he was the one given the nod. |
Yep was in terms of understanding. |  |
|  |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 08:21 - Sep 18 with 1088 views | Wallingford_Boy |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 07:16 - Sep 18 by SheffordBlue | Think the comment was more that he was behind on understanding the role down to the length of time with the squad rather than that he's third choice. That would also have been true last Saturday when he was the one given the nod. |
Oh yes, 100%, but he was outstanding in that role on Tuesday, so I think he understands it pretty well! |  |
|  |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 09:00 - Sep 18 with 985 views | Wallingford_Boy | GON quote not mine downvoters!! As I said, I know it was based on his understanding of the role, but even so.... AKPOM?!?! |  |
|  |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 09:03 - Sep 18 with 972 views | _CliveBaker_ |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 09:00 - Sep 18 by Wallingford_Boy | GON quote not mine downvoters!! As I said, I know it was based on his understanding of the role, but even so.... AKPOM?!?! |
Surprised Akpom remembers what the #9 role looks like, he wasn't given much chance to play there last season. |  | |  |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 09:27 - Sep 18 with 828 views | Wallingford_Boy |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 09:03 - Sep 18 by _CliveBaker_ | Surprised Akpom remembers what the #9 role looks like, he wasn't given much chance to play there last season. |
Indeed, which makes GON's quote even weirder! Personally I'd start Flemming tomorrow, he's a proper handful. |  |
|  |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 10:42 - Sep 18 with 643 views | HighgateBlue |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 09:27 - Sep 18 by Wallingford_Boy | Indeed, which makes GON's quote even weirder! Personally I'd start Flemming tomorrow, he's a proper handful. |
I certainly don't see GON's take on the attributes of his frontmen being any more weird than McKenna's. It's maybe just that GON is more candid about what he thinks. The way that Akpom was used under McKenna was a real headscratcher. |  | |  |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 11:10 - Sep 18 with 566 views | rickw | From what I saw Tuesday, Flemming played well but the team needs to adapt to playing with him. A bit like Harry Kane he drops deep quite a lot getting involved with the build-up, however then we'd get the ball in a good position and there was nobody in the box. What I mean is when he plays Enciso and the wingers need to make runs beyond him and take up the space he vacates |  |
|  | Login to get fewer ads
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 11:16 - Sep 18 with 546 views | Guthrum |
| Flemming behind Emersonn and Akpom on 11:10 - Sep 18 by rickw | From what I saw Tuesday, Flemming played well but the team needs to adapt to playing with him. A bit like Harry Kane he drops deep quite a lot getting involved with the build-up, however then we'd get the ball in a good position and there was nobody in the box. What I mean is when he plays Enciso and the wingers need to make runs beyond him and take up the space he vacates |
Tho I'm not sure too much can be read tactically into Tuesday, when we were facing comparably a very strong team without many of our usual players in position, who perhaps might have been more inclined to make those runs, or provided a stronger midfield platform thus not necessitating Flemming to drop quite so deep. |  |
|  |
| |