Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U21's 4 down already 19:31 - Oct 6 with 1496 viewsbradforblues

Watching the u21 game, as much as it's all about development we really do look a few levels off League 1 players. Jack Taylor is anonymous and I can't see anyone from us that could break through.
Very naive in defence.

Oh well, hope there's lots to learn from the boys
[Post edited 6 Oct 19:35]

you are my ipswich !!

0
U21's 4 down already on 19:37 - Oct 6 with 1394 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's hard to see what participating in this has achieved really. Just seems a bit demoralising for the lads.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

1
U21's 4 down already on 19:39 - Oct 6 with 1346 viewshomer_123

I was at Luton and I posted at the time, it was men against boys.

Not there tonight, so can't comment.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: Has Omari travelled?

1
U21's 3 down already on 19:39 - Oct 6 with 1348 viewsMattinLondon

I’m not watching it but from the few matches which I’ve seen of them, the U21s are all big strong units but lack technique and a lot of on-pitch intelligence.

I’ve been told that a couple of seasons ago power and strength was prioritised over technique.

Thankfully we’re now reversing our requirements.

This is what I’ve been told from a couple of people.
0
U21's 4 down already on 19:58 - Oct 6 with 1177 views_CliveBaker_

I think its a bit pointless tbh. Our u21's are so far away from senior L1 football. Mendel is probably the furthest along, he's gone on loan to Luton and played about 10 minutes. A number of those playing tonight wouldn't get regular minutes in the National League right now.

It's a massive step up, hard enough to blood 1 at that level let alone that whole side going to Peterborough. It is what it is, I just don't really see the point.
1
U21's 4 down already on 22:01 - Oct 6 with 746 viewsIllinoisblue

U21's 4 down already on 19:58 - Oct 6 by _CliveBaker_

I think its a bit pointless tbh. Our u21's are so far away from senior L1 football. Mendel is probably the furthest along, he's gone on loan to Luton and played about 10 minutes. A number of those playing tonight wouldn't get regular minutes in the National League right now.

It's a massive step up, hard enough to blood 1 at that level let alone that whole side going to Peterborough. It is what it is, I just don't really see the point.


Brentford U21s lost 7-1 to MK Dons in front of a bumper crowd of 824. A farce of a competition.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

2
U21's 4 down already on 09:26 - Oct 7 with 386 views_CliveBaker_

U21's 4 down already on 22:01 - Oct 6 by Illinoisblue

Brentford U21s lost 7-1 to MK Dons in front of a bumper crowd of 824. A farce of a competition.


Sunderland U21 lost 2-0 at Sheff Weds, Liverpool lost to Doncaster, us 4-1 at Peterborough and as you say Brentford 7-1 at MK Dons (had a man sent off though).

If nothing else it highlights just how raw U21 football is and how far off football league standard. 1 or 2 might hold their own in an otherwise experienced squad, when you've got a whole team its incredibly difficult. This is why people need to take a handful of good performances at that level with a pinch of salt really, the talk of players like Mendel getting near our 1st team while we're in the Premier League is absolute fantasy. He's not remotely close to even the McAteer's or Mehmeti's of the squad, and they're not good enough either.
0
U21's 4 down already on 10:31 - Oct 7 with 303 viewsITFCson

Always so many negative comments regarding this competition. This comp is not really about winning football matches, it is about introducing the youth players to mens football. And plenty of people would suggest you still learn plenty when losing.
1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026