Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No more Men v Boys 18:40 - Oct 10 with 876 viewsantchesterunited

There’s no doubt in my mind after today’s performance that we’ve got what it takes to stay up! Loved the impact of all the subs today, which ultimately turned the game on its head.

Palacios is pure class. The step up in quality when he came on was so evident. Lukic was involved in everything and is so composed on the ball. The defence looks solid, and none of our current defenders look like they’ve got a mistake in them. And Ouattara… what a goal, and what a player!! The strength in depth of the squad was obvious too, with the quality of the subs we were able to bring on.

Last time we were in the Prem, it was men against boys in most games. This season, we’ve grown up, we look a much more complete team, and we’re more than matching the opposition.

Bring it on! 💪
[Post edited 10 Oct 18:41]
5
No more Men v Boys on 18:47 - Oct 10 with 810 viewsarmchaircritic59

Nothing to disagree with there. I might just add a little extra note. I go back a long way, further than the 3 players I'm about to mention. I think EP is the best midfielder we've had at the club since the triumvirate of ( in alphabetical order ), Muhren, Thijssen and Wark.
3
No more Men v Boys on 20:00 - Oct 10 with 618 views_CliveBaker_

That’s the most satisfying thing for me. Results always dictate the narrative, but aside from them we’ve been really competitive. We look like we belong at this level, against established sides like Palace, Everton & Fulham. We’ve gone toe to toe or better with all of them, and Sunderland. United as well to some degree.

We had a hell of a summer really, both in terms of recruitment & GON and his team shaping us into something resembling a proper premier league outfit.
0
No more Men v Boys on 20:00 - Oct 10 with 618 viewsPerublue

It’s funny you know your post title .. my wife (not a footy fan) who watched Ipswich on the TV today before we scored commented on how much stronger,bigger and quicker the Ipswich squad/team is compared to the last time she watched them .. our last foray in the Prem.

She also asked if that was Jack Grealish in our team … I said no, he’s our very own hair band Jack.

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

1
No more Men v Boys on 20:28 - Oct 10 with 522 viewsfarkenhell

No more Men v Boys on 18:47 - Oct 10 by armchaircritic59

Nothing to disagree with there. I might just add a little extra note. I go back a long way, further than the 3 players I'm about to mention. I think EP is the best midfielder we've had at the club since the triumvirate of ( in alphabetical order ), Muhren, Thijssen and Wark.


You forgot about Douglas.

So have I.
1
No more Men v Boys on 21:07 - Oct 10 with 406 viewsBloomBlue

That's why I liked Akpom today. Must admit when he and Flemming came on I thought great we need Flemming, and hmmm surprised about Akpom. But Akpom's physicality today gave Fulham a real problem, he battled away and they didn't have an answer other than foul him.
1
No more Men v Boys on 21:24 - Oct 10 with 313 viewsBasuco

No more Men v Boys on 20:28 - Oct 10 by farkenhell

You forgot about Douglas.

So have I.


But what about Velice Sumulikoski? The Macedonian Steven Gerrard.
0
No more Men v Boys on 21:46 - Oct 10 with 227 viewsArnoldMoorhen

No more Men v Boys on 18:47 - Oct 10 by armchaircritic59

Nothing to disagree with there. I might just add a little extra note. I go back a long way, further than the 3 players I'm about to mention. I think EP is the best midfielder we've had at the club since the triumvirate of ( in alphabetical order ), Muhren, Thijssen and Wark.


The contenders he would be up against would be Holland, Magilton and Legwinski.

The wildcard tier would feature Garvan (hugely underrated - he never gave the ball away) Peralta and N'Daw.

Holland excelled at a World Cup, as has Palacios in 2022. If he can score a hat trick in a Semi Final like Magic (the FA Cup this season would do just fine!) How could he tick the Legwinski box? By being affordable to Ipswich because of injuries, but looking classier than anyone else around him?
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026