Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aside from Gatwick 08:37 - Feb 13 with 722 viewsbluelagos

Any easily accessible parking for tomorrow night? Thinking I will park and jump a train and/or one of the park and rides.

Experiences?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Aside from Gatwick on 08:57 - Feb 13 with 694 viewsWoodsFriesRice

Park in Lewes, then take the free train to Falmer.

But don't park in my spot please!

Poll: Which of these players (in their prime) would most help our present team?

Aside from Gatwick on 09:19 - Feb 13 with 665 viewsPlums

Don't park near the ground. Cost me £12 last time and took 1.5 hours to get out!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Aside from Gatwick on 09:25 - Feb 13 with 654 viewsbluelagos

Aside from Gatwick on 09:19 - Feb 13 by Plums

Don't park near the ground. Cost me £12 last time and took 1.5 hours to get out!

Am probably on the motorbike (Nice forecast tomorrow) so not worried about queues. But £12 is taking the mick.

Lewis sounds like a good option tbh. That or Brighton seafront, but that doesn't help with a quick get away.

Aside from Gatwick on 09:29 - Feb 13 with 649 viewsStenvict

Aside from Gatwick on 09:19 - Feb 13 by Plums

Ha, I did the same last time. Absolute nightmare getting away.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Aside from Gatwick on 10:58 - Feb 13 with 589 viewsBrightonEye

Aside from Gatwick on 09:29 - Feb 13 by Stenvict

Ha, I did the same last time. Absolute nightmare getting away.

If driving, use the park and rides, or park at Lewes staion and get the free train.

Full Amex travel guide is on the BHA site. Reading that can save you a lot of time and angst. See http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/travel-guide-aug15-with-changes229-3021752.p

And if you do get the train, stay on, have a beer first and the queues are shorter. Even after leaving on the whistle, I've never had to queue more than 20 mins. Ever.

And don't stay in the cold & miserable away concourse post-match. Head right out of the away end and 150 yards along to the huge West Lower concourse. Warm, dry, food, beers, tellies and friendly.
Aside from Gatwick on 11:00 - Feb 13 with 585 viewsbluelagos

Aside from Gatwick on 10:58 - Feb 13 by BrightonEye

If driving, use the park and rides, or park at Lewes staion and get the free train.

Full Amex travel guide is on the BHA site. Reading that can save you a lot of time and angst. See http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/travel-guide-aug15-with-changes229-3021752.p

And if you do get the train, stay on, have a beer first and the queues are shorter. Even after leaving on the whistle, I've never had to queue more than 20 mins. Ever.

And don't stay in the cold & miserable away concourse post-match. Head right out of the away end and 150 yards along to the huge West Lower concourse. Warm, dry, food, beers, tellies and friendly.

Can you park with the coaches on a motorbike? Have found a couple of threads saying you can - but they are 5 years old...

Aside from Gatwick on 11:48 - Feb 13 with 555 viewstractorshark

You can get the free train from Haywards Heath as well. It's on the mainline from London Bridge (takes about 45mins from London).
You'll find some street parking around there. May have to walk a little.
Best park and ride is the one by the university. The one by the motorway gets very busy and the buses are full.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024