Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table 16:17 - Apr 2 with 1232 viewsGuthrum

Well, at least it shows us still not being relegated.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:28 - Apr 2 with 1172 viewsParisBlue

6 points from 7 games then...

Not so sure Sheff weds will miss a play off spot by 8 points.

Up until yesterday I was fairly sure Burton would be the 3rd relegated team. They have some tough fixtures.

However it comes 3 points on Tuesday would be very welcome. Win the atmosphere at Portman road as it is it's probably preferable that 4 of our last 6 are away from home.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:30 - Apr 2 with 1160 viewsVic

You have us drawing all our remaining games! Can't see that tbh - I reckon we'll win one, draw a couple and just about be safe.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:32 - Apr 2 with 1153 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:28 - Apr 2 by ParisBlue

6 points from 7 games then...

Not so sure Sheff weds will miss a play off spot by 8 points.

Up until yesterday I was fairly sure Burton would be the 3rd relegated team. They have some tough fixtures.

However it comes 3 points on Tuesday would be very welcome. Win the atmosphere at Portman road as it is it's probably preferable that 4 of our last 6 are away from home.

Sheff Weds are stumbling a bit at the moment. Two draws and four losses among their last seven results.

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:37 - Apr 2 with 1129 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:30 - Apr 2 by Vic

You have us drawing all our remaining games! Can't see that tbh - I reckon we'll win one, draw a couple and just about be safe.

Drawing all bar one of the away fixtures. Bear in mind this table's based on recent form (home and away), not on how I think we'll actually do.

Pretty sure, personally, we've got at least a couple more wins on the cards (Wigan and Rotherham, maybe also Burton). But apart from that, lots of draws are very likely indeed.

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:38 - Apr 2 with 1128 viewsParisBlue

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:32 - Apr 2 by Guthrum

Sheff Weds are stumbling a bit at the moment. Two draws and four losses among their last seven results.

But they still have to play us and have Jordan Rhodes so that's 3 nailed on points for them.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:40 - Apr 2 with 1111 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:38 - Apr 2 by ParisBlue

But they still have to play us and have Jordan Rhodes so that's 3 nailed on points for them.

I don't think it is. We seem to play better against the higher-placed teams, plus they're likely to be desperate for the win (or dejected at missing out). Rhodes is no Nugent.

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:53 - Apr 2 with 1077 viewsFtnfwest

Ive thought all along that Blackburn will shade it over Bristol city for survival. They just seem marginally better at grinding out the odd result. That's unless they both finish above us of course!
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:53 - Apr 2 with 1078 viewsSitfcB

5 points off the play off's last season......4 points off relegation this season.....

Great progress.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 17:04 - Apr 2 with 1057 viewstaximan

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 16:53 - Apr 2 by SitfcB

5 points off the play off's last season......4 points off relegation this season.....

Great progress.

yh and some on here were trying to suggest to me and a few others at the start of the season that we were definitely making progress !!!!!
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 18:34 - Apr 2 with 971 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 17:04 - Apr 2 by taximan

yh and some on here were trying to suggest to me and a few others at the start of the season that we were definitely making progress !!!!!

I though we would be. And still do believe that our season was essentially crippled by losing Murphy right at the end of the transfer window, too late to do anything about it with the budget made available.

Suddenly, we became virtually unable to score. In that period from the Norwich game (Murphy's last) down to Blackburn a month and a half later, we dropped from one point adrift of 6th to six points behind (and in 17th place).

We've been trying to play catch-up ever since, while dealing with injuries, poor form and some players simply not up to it. Tactics have been too defensive on occasion, but our biggest problem has been lack of penetration in and around the opposition box. The greater part of our goals in the middle part of the season (when at least we were winning every other game) were long-range wonder-strikes from Lawrence - not "normal" goals. If Lawrence didn't fire, we were very likely to lose.

So we were left bumping along close to the bottom, too far adrift to mount a challenge even if we could have got some consistency, taking blows to our morale from things like the Lincoln result and increasing fan dissatisfaction with many areas of the club.

The wheels had truly come off. Maybe not utterly disastrously - yet. But there's little sign of proper repairs for next season even if (as I still think likely) we survive this one.

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 18:51 - Apr 2 with 931 viewscoolcat

I take it if you did a 'final' table recently, you will be doing another update? Looks like you do this every season?

Always on TWTD but in recent months prefer trawling the forum to the news comments. Much better discussions.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 18:56 - Apr 2 with 917 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 18:51 - Apr 2 by coolcat

I take it if you did a 'final' table recently, you will be doing another update? Looks like you do this every season?

Always on TWTD but in recent months prefer trawling the forum to the news comments. Much better discussions.

The "Final" refers to it being a projection of how the table would look at the end of the season if recent form for each team were continued until then.

I try to do one after each game in about the last third of the season.

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 18:59 - Apr 2 with 901 viewscoolcat

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 18:56 - Apr 2 by Guthrum

The "Final" refers to it being a projection of how the table would look at the end of the season if recent form for each team were continued until then.

I try to do one after each game in about the last third of the season.

Useful to read. Thanks for explaining that. :)
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 19:04 - Apr 2 with 876 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 18:59 - Apr 2 by coolcat

Useful to read. Thanks for explaining that. :)

It originated the last time we were struggling to avoid relegation.

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 19:14 - Apr 2 with 846 viewscoolcat

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 19:04 - Apr 2 by Guthrum

It originated the last time we were struggling to avoid relegation.

I expect these kind of spreadsheets are used in business a lot for forecasts, etc. Very good idea using them in this instance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024