Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad 15:05 - Apr 5 with 13480 viewsGlasgowBlue

I wonder which country will veto any resolution?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 2705 viewsNo9

Hasn't Trump already blamed Obama?
UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:52 - Apr 5 with 2706 viewsGlasgowBlue

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:51 - Apr 5 by No9

Hasn't Trump already blamed Obama?

Christ! i knew this wouldn't get as many replies as the easter egg thread but if you are the best that bothers to reply then we are all fooked.

Iron Lion Zion

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:54 - Apr 5 with 2700 viewsNo9

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:52 - Apr 5 by GlasgowBlue

Christ! i knew this wouldn't get as many replies as the easter egg thread but if you are the best that bothers to reply then we are all fooked.

Why is it you have to insult people all the time?
UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:55 - Apr 5 with 2693 viewsWeWereZombies

I guess an indictment for war crimes will still need a Security Council resolution then? Is the 'we just attacked as part of normal warfare, the chemicals must have been being stored by the rebels' story being spun?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:55 - Apr 5 with 2695 viewsCaptainObvious

is there evidence he used them?

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:58 - Apr 5 with 2683 viewsNo9

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:55 - Apr 5 by CaptainObvious

Not that I have seen, as yet. The French are calling for an urgent UN investigation.
UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 16:18 - Apr 5 with 2659 viewsGlasgowBlue

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:55 - Apr 5 by CaptainObvious

There is evidence from the UN that he used chemical weapons the last time people were gassed and as the people killed this time were in a rebel area it's highly unlikely they used it against themselves.

Iron Lion Zion

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 16:19 - Apr 5 with 2656 viewsGlasgowBlue

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:55 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

I guess an indictment for war crimes will still need a Security Council resolution then? Is the 'we just attacked as part of normal warfare, the chemicals must have been being stored by the rebels' story being spun?

Yes. China have strongly condemned the attacks (not) by saying they feel empathy with the victims.

I haven't heard the Russian response yet.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 17:20 - Apr 5 with 2615 viewsCaptainObvious

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 16:18 - Apr 5 by GlasgowBlue

There is evidence from the UN that he used chemical weapons the last time people were gassed and as the people killed this time were in a rebel area it's highly unlikely they used it against themselves.

reason i ask is that i read today that the western media has no presence there because some rebel forces (al-nusra/al-queda) would just kill them, and therefore we are taking al-nusra evidence as read. the russian explanation is that they bombed a building that contained rebel held stocks of nerve gas. i mean that sounds far-fetched to me, but even so, you need some proper evidence in matters of such importance

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 17:28 - Apr 5 with 2596 viewsGlasgowBlue

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 17:20 - Apr 5 by CaptainObvious

reason i ask is that i read today that the western media has no presence there because some rebel forces (al-nusra/al-queda) would just kill them, and therefore we are taking al-nusra evidence as read. the russian explanation is that they bombed a building that contained rebel held stocks of nerve gas. i mean that sounds far-fetched to me, but even so, you need some proper evidence in matters of such importance

Syria is a basket case. The UN should put in a peacekeeping force and Assad should step aside to allow this.

Iron Lion Zion

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 17:53 - Apr 5 with 2578 viewsbuoyant

It's pretty widely accepted that the UN is no longer fit for purpose. Which has been proven by it's previous ineffectiveness in many war torn counties, Syria probaly being the most stark example.

UTT

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 17:56 - Apr 5 with 2572 viewsWeWereZombies

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 17:53 - Apr 5 by buoyant

It's pretty widely accepted that the UN is no longer fit for purpose. Which has been proven by it's previous ineffectiveness in many war torn counties, Syria probaly being the most stark example.

And the alternative is?

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 18:03 - Apr 5 with 2561 viewsbuoyant

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 17:56 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

And the alternative is?

An updated and more representative structure of the world as it is today for a start. Beyond that, stronger and less impressionable representatives at country level.

It's a massive cash cow for many!

UTT

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 18:10 - Apr 5 with 2546 viewsWeWereZombies

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 18:03 - Apr 5 by buoyant

An updated and more representative structure of the world as it is today for a start. Beyond that, stronger and less impressionable representatives at country level.

Bit too hard hitting for me, could you be a more vague please?

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 18:22 - Apr 5 with 2528 viewsbuoyant

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 18:10 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

Bit too hard hitting for me, could you be a more vague please?

What do you reckon?

UTT

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 18:32 - Apr 5 with 2515 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 18:03 - Apr 5 by buoyant

Certainly true ......in Greece the money that UN initiatives get paid/ meal is a ridiculous amount compared to what grass roots groups are doing it for, better food too !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:44 - Apr 5 with 2461 viewsm14_blue

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 16:19 - Apr 5 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. China have strongly condemned the attacks (not) by saying they feel empathy with the victims.

I haven't heard the Russian response yet.

I'm sure you could have made a pretty accurate guess as to what they would say.

Pathetic and absolutely indefensible.

Did you see the American statement? "How many children have to die before Russia cares?". Pretty strong words.
UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:49 - Apr 5 with 2452 viewsGlasgowBlue

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:44 - Apr 5 by m14_blue

Did you see the American statement? "How many children have to die before Russia cares?". Pretty strong words.

Did you see the pictures presented at the beginning of the meeting showing parents carrying dead or dying children?

Heartbreaking stuff.

Iron Lion Zion

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:49 - Apr 5 with 2449 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:44 - Apr 5 by m14_blue

Yeah if only they could stick to killing kids with proper weapons like us civilised types !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:51 - Apr 5 with 2449 viewsm14_blue

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:49 - Apr 5 by GlasgowBlue

Did you see the pictures presented at the beginning of the meeting showing parents carrying dead or dying children?

Heartbreaking stuff.

It's just too awful.
UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:51 - Apr 5 with 2447 viewsSteve_M

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:49 - Apr 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yeah if only they could stick to killing kids with proper weapons like us civilised types !

Don't worry, Assad and Putin have done plenty of that too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:52 - Apr 5 with 2445 viewsm14_blue

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:49 - Apr 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

I don't disagree with you.

Although, in this instance I have to say I make the US representative pretty much spot on.
UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:56 - Apr 5 with 2428 viewsBluesquid

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 15:55 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

Assad has no reason to use chemical weapons. The Syrian army with the help of Russia are slowly but surely winning and are retaking ground lost to the Jihadi extremist head choppers.
Only last week Tillerson said the Syrian people must decide Assads fate, why on earth then would he jeopardise that position by using chemical weapons? It makes no sense.
He could more effectively use conventional weapons and even get away with it by blaming civilian deaths as the US/West does as collateral damage, so why would he use chemical weapons?
Those that benefit of course are the jihadi extremists and their foreign backers by forcing US/Western military action against their enemy.
It's all BS and the mainstream media and our leaders all know it but it doesn't stop them lying even making these accusations without solid proof.
The Director and sole employee of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdulrahman, reports on the situation in Syria from his house in Coventry, England.
UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 20:59 - Apr 5 with 2376 viewsWeWereZombies

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 19:56 - Apr 5 by Bluesquid

Assad has no reason to use chemical weapons. The Syrian army with the help of Russia are slowly but surely winning and are retaking ground lost to the Jihadi extremist head choppers.
Only last week Tillerson said the Syrian people must decide Assads fate, why on earth then would he jeopardise that position by using chemical weapons? It makes no sense.
He could more effectively use conventional weapons and even get away with it by blaming civilian deaths as the US/West does as collateral damage, so why would he use chemical weapons?
Those that benefit of course are the jihadi extremists and their foreign backers by forcing US/Western military action against their enemy.
It's all BS and the mainstream media and our leaders all know it but it doesn't stop them lying even making these accusations without solid proof.
The Director and sole employee of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdulrahman, reports on the situation in Syria from his house in Coventry, England.

Well, the Syrian American Medical Society and the WHO both seem to corroborate our man in Coventry - I'll wait for the UN report if you don't mind:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/idlib-hospitals-overwhelmed-suspected-gas-

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 21:05 - Apr 5 with 2370 viewsBluesquid

UN Security Council are discussing the use of chemical weapons by Assad on 20:59 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

Well, the Syrian American Medical Society and the WHO both seem to corroborate our man in Coventry - I'll wait for the UN report if you don't mind:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/idlib-hospitals-overwhelmed-suspected-gas-

Well while your waiting for the UN report maybe you can watch this...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024