Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement 12:11 - Apr 11 with 1095 viewsgtsb1966

because the movement needs 17,000 more volunteers. Are people too scared to work with children now or is it just people haven't got the time anymore. I do hope it is the latter but i wouldn't be surprised if people are wary of working with children in this day and age which is incredibly sad. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39560023
51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 13:29 - Apr 11 with 991 viewsvapour_trail

Well there's studies out there to suggest both of those are in play.

However, as someone with kids moving into this age bracket, I'd imagine I'm in the target audience for recruitment to this sort of volunteer role, and as this is the first ive heard of it, I'd suggest the scouts marketing has been not up to scratch.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 13:33 - Apr 11 with 975 viewsSwansea_Blue

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 13:29 - Apr 11 by vapour_trail

Well there's studies out there to suggest both of those are in play.

However, as someone with kids moving into this age bracket, I'd imagine I'm in the target audience for recruitment to this sort of volunteer role, and as this is the first ive heard of it, I'd suggest the scouts marketing has been not up to scratch.

catch 22 innit. You probably need to have kids in the Scouts already to realise there's a shortage of helpers, but can't get your kids in there because of the shortage of helpers.

Sounds like they've got the message out at last now they're on the Beeb, but I suppose you're right - they must have been slow on the PR side to let things get this bad.

Dib dib and all that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 13:49 - Apr 11 with 944 viewssparks

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 13:33 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

catch 22 innit. You probably need to have kids in the Scouts already to realise there's a shortage of helpers, but can't get your kids in there because of the shortage of helpers.

Sounds like they've got the message out at last now they're on the Beeb, but I suppose you're right - they must have been slow on the PR side to let things get this bad.

Dib dib and all that.

It's a massive commitment and with a doubtless ever growing regulatory burden. I applaud anyone doing it.

Still a shame they opened it to girls though.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 13:53 - Apr 11 with 936 viewsSwansea_Blue

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 13:49 - Apr 11 by sparks

It's a massive commitment and with a doubtless ever growing regulatory burden. I applaud anyone doing it.

That's certainly the other side of it - it's a huge commitment and people's working patterns have changed with extra hours often the norm in some professions.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 13:56 - Apr 11 with 919 viewsvapour_trail

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 13:49 - Apr 11 by sparks

It's a shame for the 12 and 13 year olds for sure. After that they're probably quite chuffed the girls are on camp with them.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 14:03 - Apr 11 with 902 viewsgood_at_COD

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 13:33 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

Dib dib and all that.

Technical point but it's actually dyb - stands for do your best.

Giggsy

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 15:08 - Apr 11 with 854 viewsJ2BLUE

Why don't you volunteer and and make it 16,999?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 15:19 - Apr 11 with 826 viewsjeera

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 14:03 - Apr 11 by good_at_COD

Technical point but it's actually dyb - stands for do your best.

Well I've learned something new today.

You've done your bit.

Here's 5p.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 15:23 - Apr 11 with 815 viewsjeera

51,000 children waiting to join the scout movement on 13:53 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

That's certainly the other side of it - it's a huge commitment and people's working patterns have changed with extra hours often the norm in some professions.

Maybe older kids could be trained up to help out as part of their DoE etc.

Or maybe they already do.

What do I know...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024