Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Club, Whats Happening? 19:20 - Jun 1 with 2360 viewsstevec7

I am cornish and proud of it but Ipswich is my team and always will be. I am 53 and in the 70s and 80s it was fantastic being a Town fan. Now though travelling to Ipswich from Penzance in the season 4,5 or 6 times and going to Bristol and Reading takes time, money and with my 2 sons also doing the exhausting drive or train journeys we ask ourselves what is happening with our club.
ME does not seem to care whether it was backing that idiot Keane or even Jewell too much now it seems hes had enough. He should back any manager or try to sell it, there must be interest if he really put his mind to finding a backer with dreams of our great club getting back to the premier league. We went to Portman Road through winning tickets in the ballots we used to have and seen Man Utd, Liverpool Aston Villa etc and it was great times we had and I want them back! Come on Marcus put some effort and thought into us and lets do a Huddersfield very soon.
My Club, Whats Happening? on 19:59 - Jun 1 with 2276 viewsSwansea_Blue

I saw us play Villa this season, so we must be doing something right

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

My Club, Whats Happening? on 20:05 - Jun 1 with 2256 viewsstrikalite

Evans will never take the Club from our blood but the truth is the 70's and 80's are gone forever and we all know deep down we'll never reach the Prem again, our only hope is a restructured Premiership with two tiers, but the way it's going we wouldn't make the second tier sadly....

Lets hope Evans get's totally cheesed off and sells the Club and cuts his losses, we live in hope...
My Club, Whats Happening? on 20:58 - Jun 1 with 2187 viewsHARRY10

My Club, Whats Happening? on 20:05 - Jun 1 by strikalite

Evans will never take the Club from our blood but the truth is the 70's and 80's are gone forever and we all know deep down we'll never reach the Prem again, our only hope is a restructured Premiership with two tiers, but the way it's going we wouldn't make the second tier sadly....

Lets hope Evans get's totally cheesed off and sells the Club and cuts his losses, we live in hope...

relegation is our only hope...

..... of getting rid of Evans

we have enough support to start again, but at the moment folk are drifting away because the club is being allowed to drift away
My Club, Whats Happening? on 01:31 - Jun 2 with 2002 viewsmadmouse1959

My Club, Whats Happening? on 20:58 - Jun 1 by HARRY10

we have enough support to start again, but at the moment folk are drifting away because the club is being allowed to drift away

It really does seem like the club has died and void of hope . Evans & McCarthy want it all their own way and consciously make no effort to connect with the fan-base. We will have to wait to see if we sign good players and the performances improve but with some of the dead wood still lingering at the club it is very possible it could be just another season of poor football.

shampoo dave

My Club, Whats Happening? on 04:14 - Jun 2 with 1981 viewsBenters

My Club, Whats Happening? on 01:31 - Jun 2 by madmouse1959

It really does seem like the club has died and void of hope . Evans & McCarthy want it all their own way and consciously make no effort to connect with the fan-base. We will have to wait to see if we sign good players and the performances improve but with some of the dead wood still lingering at the club it is very possible it could be just another season of poor football.

I think it will be the same as last season .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

My Club, Whats Happening? on 04:22 - Jun 2 with 1979 viewsBenters

My Club, Whats Happening? on 20:58 - Jun 1 by HARRY10

The silence is deafening.

Gentlybentley

My Club, Whats Happening? on 04:34 - Jun 2 with 1977 viewsTLA

We are definitely not doing things right. However, I just read that Norwich, Newcastle and Villa each got £41m in parachute payments in the season just gone. That payment alone is more than twice our entire income.

We're one of a few clubs who are just stuck. Even if Evans put in £20m, we'd be about 10th favourites to go up. It's a different game from the one I started going to in the eighties (and now I sound like my dad!).
My Club, Whats Happening? on 05:27 - Jun 2 with 1958 viewsBenters

My Club, Whats Happening? on 04:34 - Jun 2 by TLA

We are definitely not doing things right. However, I just read that Norwich, Newcastle and Villa each got £41m in parachute payments in the season just gone. That payment alone is more than twice our entire income.

We're one of a few clubs who are just stuck. Even if Evans put in £20m, we'd be about 10th favourites to go up. It's a different game from the one I started going to in the eighties (and now I sound like my dad!).

Which makes it seem daft that in Jan 2015 we were flying,it was our big chance to really push on,and Evans decided not to (yes i know we signed Sears blah blah blah) but we really didnt go for it enough!!

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

My Club, Whats Happening? on 06:53 - Jun 2 with 1901 viewsTLA

My Club, Whats Happening? on 05:27 - Jun 2 by Benters

Which makes it seem daft that in Jan 2015 we were flying,it was our big chance to really push on,and Evans decided not to (yes i know we signed Sears blah blah blah) but we really didnt go for it enough!!

That would have been the time to bring in a couple more decent players. The intensity we played with meant lots of players were knackered from March onwards.

It's a bit like the 1981 season, when we fell apart at the end because players had played so many games and carried injuries. Except that team was a little bit better...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024