Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Given the threats this country currently faces 06:05 - Jun 7 with 1665 viewstrncbluearmy

to vote labour is complete stupidity

http://www.telegraph.co.uk

Do you loony lefties believe labour will protect you and your families or even want to
Middle England will be out in force again tomorrow.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:12 - Jun 7 with 1643 viewsNo9

So you beleive the tax evading Barcley Bros?
Very patriotic they are
Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:18 - Jun 7 with 1644 viewsTLA

Middle England will be out in force and I've no doubt that we'll still have a Tory government on Friday.

What I don't get is the need to call people 'loony' or say voting differently is 'complete stupidity'.

Having respect for the fact that we don't all agree is one of the foundation blocks to the better society that most of us want, however we vote.
Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:20 - Jun 7 with 1624 viewsNo9

Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:18 - Jun 7 by TLA

Middle England will be out in force and I've no doubt that we'll still have a Tory government on Friday.

What I don't get is the need to call people 'loony' or say voting differently is 'complete stupidity'.

Having respect for the fact that we don't all agree is one of the foundation blocks to the better society that most of us want, however we vote.

Democracy not only not understood but not tolerated either
Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:33 - Jun 7 with 1615 viewsDarth_Koont

No, taking the Telegraph (or any of the other biased newspapers) as read is complete stupidity.

Look at the record of the government as well as the opposition.

Pronouns: He/Him

Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:41 - Jun 7 with 1605 viewsNewcyBlue

Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:18 - Jun 7 by TLA

Unfortunately it is your last paragraph that seems to be the issue for many people.

Respect seems to be lost in our society today. People have little respect for anything.

People don't respect differences, they see them as a threat.

Respect is the thing we are missing most in our society. Without respect there is no tolerance. Without respect there is no community. Without respect there is no love for your fellow humans.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:44 - Jun 7 with 1595 viewsBenters

Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:41 - Jun 7 by NewcyBlue

Unfortunately it is your last paragraph that seems to be the issue for many people.

Respect seems to be lost in our society today. People have little respect for anything.

Respect is the thing we are missing most in our society. Without respect there is no tolerance. Without respect there is no community. Without respect there is no love for your fellow humans.

Really ?

I reckon you are miles out Newcy.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:50 - Jun 7 with 1581 viewsNo9

Well doen a man of the world you are correct have an upper
Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:50 - Jun 7 with 1581 viewsNo9

Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:44 - Jun 7 by Benters

Really ?

You don't understand what he's saying do you?
Login to get fewer ads

Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:59 - Jun 7 with 1561 viewsTLA

Great post.

I had a great chat with my mate's brother at the weekend - he works with money and I work with people. He told me about the holes he saw in the Labour manifesto and I learnt something. I shared some of my work experiences and he told me he learnt something. We then talked about our shared love of certain bands and our views on ITFC. Neither of us will change the way we vote tomorrow but we came away with more respect for each others views, and a little more knowledge. That was a result.

Are you back with Mrs Newcy and the lad? I can't wait until he posts here about his dad, who wrote a diary for him!
Given the threats this country currently faces on 07:04 - Jun 7 with 1539 viewsTLA

Given the threats this country currently faces on 06:44 - Jun 7 by Benters

Really ?

Why's that Benters.

Surely respect is a pretty good quality.

You and I probably don't agree on politics or on everything about our football club. We've had some good conversations though, especially about shared passions, such as the lovely county of Cornwall and good ale.

I also respect your work ethic and what you do, and that you've battled through some really difficult times. My dad did gardening (and still hasn't fully retired at nearly 82!).

We can have our differences but still respect each other, surely?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024