Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feeling rather positive about next season 13:53 - Jul 13 with 2935 viewsmaccyd9

Out - Douglas, Coke, Pitman, Moore, Emmanuel, Benyu, Berra
In - Garner, Huwys, Adeyemi, Celina, Spence & Bodvarsson likely

That is a significant improvement.

A front 4 to choose from of Garner, Sears, Didz, Bodvarsson is good
A midfield from Skuse, Adeyemi, Huwys, Celina, Ward, Bishop, Dozzell, Nydam, Downes is good
Centre backs from Chambo, Webster, Smith, Taylor is good

There are plenty of combinations within that and a considerable improvement in depth of quality past the first 11 (when all fit).

There is every reason to be optimistic with potentially one or two more deals to follow.
Feeling rather positive about next season on 13:55 - Jul 13 with 2898 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

I agree. Looking much stronger.
Feeling rather positive about next season on 13:59 - Jul 13 with 2859 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

We need another centre back.
Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:01 - Jul 13 with 2851 viewsmaccyd9

Feeling rather positive about next season on 13:59 - Jul 13 by King_ding_a_lin_g

We need another centre back.

We've got 4 if Taylor proves his fitness.

If not, I'd assume we would get one.
Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:05 - Jul 13 with 2836 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:01 - Jul 13 by maccyd9

We've got 4 if Taylor proves his fitness.

If not, I'd assume we would get one.

That's was a big "if" last year so it's even more unlikely a year on. Besides, I'm not even sure he's under contract at the moment with us?

Keep him for the dressing room maybe but I'd like to have another to rely on.
Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:07 - Jul 13 with 2828 viewsReuser_is_God

Looks a lot stronger doesn't it.

We need another 3/4 more of the same ilk & we could challenge top 6.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:35 - Jul 13 with 2769 viewsmaccyd9

Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:07 - Jul 13 by Reuser_is_God

Looks a lot stronger doesn't it.

We need another 3/4 more of the same ilk & we could challenge top 6.

Not tempted you back in yet?
Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:42 - Jul 13 with 2738 viewsJakeITFC

Macca positive?! You feeling alright mate?
Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:45 - Jul 13 with 2719 viewsKieran_Knows

It's certainly looking a lot better now most of the dross has gone, with only Bru left to shift. Can't see anyone else leaving other than a few youngsters out on loan.

Agree with R_I_G though, think we could do with another 3/4 players in the same mould as the 4 we've already got, and then I think we could start challenging at the right end of the division.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:53 - Jul 13 with 2686 viewsmaccyd9

Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:42 - Jul 13 by JakeITFC

Macca positive?! You feeling alright mate?

Pre-season always gets me mate.

For the players it's to re-build their fitness and for me it's to re-build my belief.

All that said and on a serious note, we are far better off than I thought we would be at this stage. I've been impressed with who's come in and equally impressed with who's gone/going out.

A right back, right sided midfielder and either Bodvarsson or another will complete a good window for us.

Of course, there is a small part of me that fully expects us to sell Bart, Webster and Didz in the next week.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 14:53]
Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:57 - Jul 13 with 2655 viewsReuser_is_God

Feeling rather positive about next season on 14:35 - Jul 13 by maccyd9

Not tempted you back in yet?

I'm not going to be bale to make any Tuesday night games next season so I'm just going to use the ticket bundles they're doing - a 10 & then a 6 game bundle works out slightly cheaper than an ST.

In short, yes they've tempted me back.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Feeling rather positive about next season on 15:10 - Jul 13 with 2603 viewsSW6Tractor

Still think we're a touch short of numbers at the back, would like to see another centre-half and right back come in. Another out-and-out striker would be good too, unless MM sees Morris or Patterson being good enough for the bench.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024