Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As I read the numbers relating to the Neymar deal.... 10:36 - Aug 3 with 1427 viewsHong_Kong_Bluey

.... my heart sunk as I realised once and for all I have lost all love with the game.

I will continue to support my home town of ITFC and am so thankful we are where we are.

Just another case of the mega rich exploiting the poor/average man on the street. How can we put our hands in our pockets to empty our wallets to watch men earning 500k per week?

Yes ITFC is not in the best position, but looking at what is happening in the game I'm happy I was born here and support this club.
As I read the numbers relating to the Neymar deal.... on 10:43 - Aug 3 with 1399 viewsITFCGloryDays

Good words.

After reading I said a kinda accepting 'Yeah', with a sigh.

It's sad with where the game has gone, in terms of its greed.

Seeing with where the game's at, financially, with such ridicule, is regrettably so disappointing.

Neymar = 80p a second, virtually a quid a second. Jeez.
As I read the numbers relating to the Neymar deal.... on 11:08 - Aug 3 with 1365 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think its primarily a 'political' transfer and the price should really be disregarded when it comes to other transfers. (although it wont be)

Qatar is going through a tough time at the moment with political sanctions imposed by its neighbors.

The transfer is Qatar doing a bit of 'cock waving'.

The transfer is basically PR for Qatar, and it wont do them any harm owning the Worlds most expensive (and in a few years probably best) player in the world in the lead up to the 2022 world cup.

PSG are a bit of a side show in all this.

It is however obscene.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

As I read the numbers relating to the Neymar deal.... on 11:14 - Aug 3 with 1348 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Harry Redknapp was on the radion this morning saying that an agent had asked for £2m commission for a transfer deal in the Champ!

Then theres the £43m spent by Boro in this window.

....the Champ has now been ruined by money too. I find that more depressing than the Neymar deal even.

Personally I hope that the so called elite clubs set up their own European league and leave domestic football.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

As I read the numbers relating to the Neymar deal.... on 12:29 - Aug 3 with 1291 viewsipswich78

My interest in football has been wavering for some years now. I've had a season ticket at Portman Road in the past, but then played football for a number of years. However, I always made sure I got to the games midweek and on weekends that I didn't have a game.

The games I attended dwindled, but I made sure I always listened to us on the Radio (home and away)... Then it got to very few games a season and I listened to us less and less on the radio.

I'll be honest, as much as I hate to say it I don't think I even care anymore. If we got relegated? So what. We're no longer looked at as fans... I fully appreciate money makes the world go round etc. and am far from against capitalism. But the fans are just not cared about anymore, it makes me sad really.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

As I read the numbers relating to the Neymar deal.... on 12:38 - Aug 3 with 1263 viewsitfcjoe

It doesn't really worry me any more - it's just a different stratosphere.

I know I feed the beast, but as long as I can afford my Season Ticket at ITFC and still enjoy going, and can afford my Sky Sports subscription and still enjoy watching then it's all fine with me.

There are a lot of things that frustrate me about the game - but ultimately i can still lose myself for 90 minutes when watching it and will hopefully will always have that, and hopefully my boy will be the same

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024