Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defending 23:57 - Oct 31 with 2717 viewsiamipswich

I must say I think this is the worst I've seen an Ipswich Town side from a defensive point of view in quite a while.

Not just tonight but every game. There's always so much space for opposition players to cross and just as much space for opposition players in the box.

The ease at which teams we come up against can get in and around our box, compared with our laboured attempts to create opportunities is startling and rather worrying.

I've always been in favour of keeping Mick, more out of hope than expectation that he could get us tighter at the back, as this is what he's built his career on. Even in previous years when we've leaked goals we were never as open and easy to attack as we are now.

The fact that this problem has shown no signs of healing and in fact has arguably worsened as the season has progressed, is swaying me steadily towards the suggestion that a change in manager could be the best option. A new voice with new ideas. Because as it stands, any team with any sort of clinical forward players, beats us due to our, quite frankly, pathetic defence.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2017 23:58]

Poll: Who will return first?

Defending on 00:04 - Nov 1 with 2683 viewsCurrie10

How longs a while, during Mick's rain or previous?

It was laughable under Jewell.
Defending on 00:06 - Nov 1 with 2678 viewsiamipswich

Defending on 00:04 - Nov 1 by Currie10

I'd say this is nearly as bad as that. Without the occasional sh!tshow where we'd get hit for 5's and 6's.

Poll: Who will return first?

Defending on 00:15 - Nov 1 with 2651 viewstextbackup

That simply can't be correct, we are told endlessly that a MM team will be a strong defensive unit and hard to beat. His mates in the media, pal managers, and about 8 posters on here ensure me this is correct

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Defending on 00:28 - Nov 1 with 2625 viewsCurrie10

Defending on 00:15 - Nov 1 by textbackup

That simply can't be correct, we are told endlessly that a MM team will be a strong defensive unit and hard to beat. His mates in the media, pal managers, and about 8 posters on here ensure me this is correct

I must confess I find out defending under Mick a lot worse than I thought it would be!
Defending on 00:30 - Nov 1 with 2620 viewstextbackup

Defending on 00:28 - Nov 1 by Currie10

I must confess I find out defending under Mick a lot worse than I thought it would be!

I honestly believe that his message to the players just doesn't get through anymore, they don't look like they are following any kind of instruction on the pitch.

Defending on 00:44 - Nov 1 with 2608 viewsGuthrum

A big part of our problem is continually giving the ball away, then allowing opposition players to gallop straight through our defence. There were times tonight when even three or four of our men were unable to stop or dispossess one of Cardiff's. We seem to have lost the ability to tackle or pass accurately.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Defending on 00:50 - Nov 1 with 2601 viewstextbackup

Defending on 00:44 - Nov 1 by Guthrum

A big part of our problem is continually giving the ball away, then allowing opposition players to gallop straight through our defence. There were times tonight when even three or four of our men were unable to stop or dispossess one of Cardiff's. We seem to have lost the ability to tackle or pass accurately.

Fairly important parts of the game those

Defending on 05:36 - Nov 1 with 2532 viewsbraveblue

Our defence is based on a back hour or five with Skuse standing in front. Purely a numbers game. Teams work it out but our idiot manager can't change. Same pivotal players such as Chambets and Skuse in there every game for years now and it gradually gets worse. Until a new manager comes in and looks at these players properly nothing will change.

Webster injury was an excuse for ages. Not playing last night. Why? One up ftont and we were steamrollered at the start. Obvious it would happen.

By Saturday we will have very few injuries. He has no idea what the best line up should be.

He is completely useless and must be sacked.
Login to get fewer ads

Defending on 05:46 - Nov 1 with 2520 viewsYallop

Defending on 05:36 - Nov 1 by braveblue

Our defence is based on a back hour or five with Skuse standing in front. Purely a numbers game. Teams work it out but our idiot manager can't change. Same pivotal players such as Chambets and Skuse in there every game for years now and it gradually gets worse. Until a new manager comes in and looks at these players properly nothing will change.

Webster injury was an excuse for ages. Not playing last night. Why? One up ftont and we were steamrollered at the start. Obvious it would happen.

By Saturday we will have very few injuries. He has no idea what the best line up should be.

He is completely useless and must be sacked.

I agree with most of that except taking Webster out was probably wise. He's been very average since his return and 3 games in a week might have pushed him too far.
Defending on 08:33 - Nov 1 with 2397 viewsGuthrum

Defending on 00:50 - Nov 1 by textbackup

Fairly important parts of the game those

Absolutely.

And when we do get the ball, too often our player is facing (and then runs) the wrong way. Skuse seemed to be about the only one capable of turning and heading forwards.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 8:35]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Defending on 08:35 - Nov 1 with 2390 viewsBluebell

Defending on 00:04 - Nov 1 by Currie10

Mick's rain.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024