Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good move from the co-op 12:15 - Dec 4 with 1296 viewsStokieBlue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42217026

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good move from the co-op on 12:24 - Dec 4 with 1273 viewstcblue

Personal bias here but would've welcomed - rather than throwing away or even selling at discounted prices - the food banks being able to accept food past the best before date.

I do understand that there are health considerations but the blanket ruling doesn't make much common sense.
Good move from the co-op on 12:27 - Dec 4 with 1262 viewsJ2BLUE

Great move form Aldi as well to give away all their unsold fresh food to the homeless on Christmas Eve. I assume they mean anything fresh that would go out of date as well as baked bread and sandwiches etc.

Another cool thing to see was a Costa in Swansea (I think) opening for 2 hours on Christmas day to provide food and drink to homeless people.

These big companies can make a real difference if they try.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good move from the co-op on 12:38 - Dec 4 with 1236 viewsjeera

Good move from the co-op on 12:27 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

Great move form Aldi as well to give away all their unsold fresh food to the homeless on Christmas Eve. I assume they mean anything fresh that would go out of date as well as baked bread and sandwiches etc.

Another cool thing to see was a Costa in Swansea (I think) opening for 2 hours on Christmas day to provide food and drink to homeless people.

These big companies can make a real difference if they try.

Not sure about Aldi giveaway but of course non-perishables should still be available.

Many a wealthy man has been made selling 'on the verge date' foodstuff on markets for decades now. And rightly so. No losers there.

At times our laws seem so contradictory it's bizarre.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good move from the co-op on 13:24 - Dec 4 with 1195 viewsNo9

There are any items where we don't take any notice of the sell by date.
Best before is a guideline
But it does depend on the item some dairy products are a no-no after the sell by date whereas whitefish have no tixins sa can be safe after the sell-by date
Good move from the co-op on 13:29 - Dec 4 with 1185 viewsJ2BLUE

Good move from the co-op on 12:38 - Dec 4 by jeera

Not sure about Aldi giveaway but of course non-perishables should still be available.

Many a wealthy man has been made selling 'on the verge date' foodstuff on markets for decades now. And rightly so. No losers there.

At times our laws seem so contradictory it's bizarre.

I often buy from Love Health, Hate Waste. They sell stuff past its best before. I've had loads of decent dirt cheap healthy stuff from them including Food Doctor stuff which I really like.

I went slightly OTT last order and bought 250 packets of Food Doctor roasted beans for something like £0.12 a pack. They are great though and i'll eventually get through them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good move from the co-op on 13:43 - Dec 4 with 1169 viewsjeera

Good move from the co-op on 13:29 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

I often buy from Love Health, Hate Waste. They sell stuff past its best before. I've had loads of decent dirt cheap healthy stuff from them including Food Doctor stuff which I really like.

I went slightly OTT last order and bought 250 packets of Food Doctor roasted beans for something like £0.12 a pack. They are great though and i'll eventually get through them.

I shall look them up!

If nothing else but through interest.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024