Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously 17:59 - Dec 16 with 2858 viewstextbackup

But credit where credit is due, he has a system (stumbled across it? Master plan?) but this season it has worked more often than not.

He clearly has a bunch of guys who respect and listen to him and follow orders strictly, we spend long periods without the ball but keep a structure that make us strong in defence (not always pretty, not always convincing)

I'll always have my reservations about him, in that if this style doesn't work in a game can he change it, but then I guess if it works then we may not need to worry about that.

I've never been so confused than that first half today, 20 something percent of the ball but 2-0 up?! Says to me MM had done his homework and trusted the 2/3 chances we had to end up going in the net.

Connelly has been a breathe of fresh air, love seeing footballers in CM that want the ball, he is such a proper little scouse footballer, hard and tidy.

Spence was extremely good today, not just in attack either, few very important headers.

Webster much better on the ball than previous weeks.

Only moan today is reserved for a really poor grant ward, not sure what he adds or does.

Really enjoyed that today, I don't get the whole "why didn't we kill the game off"... In my opinion 2-0 is MM killing a game off, previously we'd hold on to a 1-0 and end up drawing!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:17 - Dec 16 with 2746 viewsSteve_M

4-2-3-1 or some varient thereof suits us at the moment. I've seen the front players play better but the defensive stuff today was great.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:18 - Dec 16 with 2736 viewsReuser_is_God

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:17 - Dec 16 by Steve_M

4-2-3-1 or some varient thereof suits us at the moment. I've seen the front players play better but the defensive stuff today was great.

Celina & Waghorn link so well.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:20 - Dec 16 with 2724 viewstextbackup

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:17 - Dec 16 by Steve_M

Think we respected what reading are with the ball and knew we couldn't match them for that (even tho them trying to play man city football really is a bad look for them)

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:20 - Dec 16 with 2723 viewsReuser_is_God

Watche the game from SAR.

Woeful atmosphere & 90% of people were idiots. Good job that the Legends bar is the bollox.

Town were awesome today, properly done a job on them.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:22 - Dec 16 with 2699 viewstextbackup

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:20 - Dec 16 by Reuser_is_God

Watche the game from SAR.

Woeful atmosphere & 90% of people were idiots. Good job that the Legends bar is the bollox.

Town were awesome today, properly done a job on them.

Can't wait for that Leeds game, atmosphere should be ace

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:22 - Dec 16 with 2702 viewsSWGF

Ward is hugely frustrating. So often makes the wrong decision, goes back when he's one-on-one with the fullback, sloppy in possession.

First minute today, had a golden opportunity to get a ball into the box, but checks back and gives the ball away. Same in the first minute against Forest. Pinpoint cross-field ball to his feet and he lets it run out of play.

Just get past your man and get a ball into the box. People won't mind if it doesn't come off but give it a bloody go.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:32 - Dec 16 with 2662 viewsDarth_Koont

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:22 - Dec 16 by SWGF

Ward is hugely frustrating. So often makes the wrong decision, goes back when he's one-on-one with the fullback, sloppy in possession.

First minute today, had a golden opportunity to get a ball into the box, but checks back and gives the ball away. Same in the first minute against Forest. Pinpoint cross-field ball to his feet and he lets it run out of play.

Just get past your man and get a ball into the box. People won't mind if it doesn't come off but give it a bloody go.

I agree he's frustrating and too often makes the wrong decision. But on the other side he works very hard up and down the pitch and gets into some great covering and attacking positions.

Pluses and minuses, I think he comes out as a plus certainly as far as the team is concerned.

Pronouns: He/Him

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:37 - Dec 16 with 2619 viewsSWGF

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:32 - Dec 16 by Darth_Koont

I agree he's frustrating and too often makes the wrong decision. But on the other side he works very hard up and down the pitch and gets into some great covering and attacking positions.

Pluses and minuses, I think he comes out as a plus certainly as far as the team is concerned.

Depends what you want from an attacking wide midfielder, I suppose.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Login to get fewer ads

on 18:37 - Dec 16 with 2619 views_

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:40 - Dec 16 with 2601 viewsDarth_Koont

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:37 - Dec 16 by SWGF

Depends what you want from an attacking wide midfielder, I suppose.

Sure and don't get me wrong, he's hugely frustrating at times. Just think that if Ward had some composure and quality on the ball then he'd have been out of our league.

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:45 - Dec 16 with 2573 viewsSWGF

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:40 - Dec 16 by Darth_Koont

Sure and don't get me wrong, he's hugely frustrating at times. Just think that if Ward had some composure and quality on the ball then he'd have been out of our league.

But similarly, if all we want is someone who can track back and offer little going forward, we've already got Freddie Sears!

Would be a position I'd be looking for an upgrade of in January.

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:51 - Dec 16 with 2542 viewsDarth_Koont

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 18:45 - Dec 16 by SWGF

But similarly, if all we want is someone who can track back and offer little going forward, we've already got Freddie Sears!

Would be a position I'd be looking for an upgrade of in January.

Yes, I posted the other day that right midfield is a key position to add some extra quality.

Just wanted to balance the frustration of Ward's attacking play with the suggestion that overall he's still doing a decent job for the team. Similar to Sears, but I don't think Sears does anything like the same job in defence.

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 19:22 - Dec 16 with 2468 viewsJ2BLUE

Respect Texters.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 19:24 - Dec 16 with 2459 viewstextbackup

on 18:37 - Dec 16 by _

I believe they call that banter!

But seriously I can't have people moaning that we didn't finish them off etc, we can't run before we can walk. Had we conceded today around 75/80 I wouldn't have been happy we'd hold it at that.

MM would rather we didn't concede than score the 3rd, and that works for me

on 19:28 - Dec 16 with 2437 views_

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 19:24 - Dec 16 by textbackup

I believe they call that banter!

But seriously I can't have people moaning that we didn't finish them off etc, we can't run before we can walk. Had we conceded today around 75/80 I wouldn't have been happy we'd hold it at that.

MM would rather we didn't concede than score the 3rd, and that works for me

Now I may have slightly moaned about Mick and his football previously on 20:22 - Dec 16 with 2342 viewstextbackup

on 19:28 - Dec 16 by _

It'll be spent refreshing this page every 10 mins as I want that up arrow from herbie... This must earn it, it must

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024