Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays game................ 10:03 - Jan 13 with 8471 viewsSwn98

Mick Inners/outers Marcus Evans Inners/outers please can you wait till the end of the game to turn the atmosphere toxic as it does no good whatsoever to the players on the pitch trying to get a result for US supporters.
Todays game................ on 10:31 - Jan 13 with 6764 viewsPJH

You do realise that you are asking people to use common sense don't you?
Todays game................ on 10:34 - Jan 13 with 6754 viewsWestSussexBlue

If the manager and players entertain which they are paid handsomely to do then I’m sure there’ll be no issues.
If not then I’ve not much sympathy tbf.
We all work hard Monday to Friday, nights or whatever and we deserve a bit better from our club as a whole.
Todays game................ on 10:40 - Jan 13 with 6746 viewsBasuco

Agree, Mick is here until the end of the season regardless of what we do and chant.
Todays game................ on 10:42 - Jan 13 with 6742 viewsNo9

Todays game................ on 10:34 - Jan 13 by WestSussexBlue

If the manager and players entertain which they are paid handsomely to do then I’m sure there’ll be no issues.
We all work hard Monday to Friday, nights or whatever and we deserve a bit better from our club as a whole.

Yes, it is of course a two way thing which is often forgotten by MM
Todays game................ on 10:46 - Jan 13 with 6732 viewsHerbivore

They're paid to win football matches, not to entertain.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Todays game................ on 10:46 - Jan 13 with 6732 viewsgtsb1966

What have American fans got to do with it!
Todays game................ on 10:48 - Jan 13 with 6726 viewsgtsb1966

Todays game................ on 10:46 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

They still fail then!!!
Todays game................ on 10:50 - Jan 13 with 6718 viewsBasuco

Managers are hired and fired for winning matches not entertaining fans. Sadly. I understand what you are saying but modern football is all about not losing and maybe snatching a win.
Login to get fewer ads

Todays game................ on 10:50 - Jan 13 with 6713 viewsWestSussexBlue

I think you’ll find people attending go to be entertained hence the constant drop in attendance.
Todays game................ on 10:55 - Jan 13 with 6697 viewsWestSussexBlue

Todays game................ on 10:50 - Jan 13 by Basuco

Managers are hired and fired for winning matches not entertaining fans. Sadly. I understand what you are saying but modern football is all about not losing and maybe snatching a win.

This is clearly not the remit at Wolves or Bristol City or Sheffield United, attack entertain and impose their football on to the opposition. Appears to be working for them.
Todays game................ on 10:57 - Jan 13 with 6691 viewsPJH

Todays game................ on 10:50 - Jan 13 by WestSussexBlue

I think you’ll find people attending go to be entertained hence the constant drop in attendance.

Well I have got it wrong in my approaching 60 years of ITFC because all I have ever gone for is to see my team win.

I never go to a game thinking "oh, I hope that it is entertaining" I go thinking "I hope that we win".

It would appear that some people do go wanting/expecting to be entertained though.
Todays game................ on 10:59 - Jan 13 with 6686 viewsPJH

Todays game................ on 10:55 - Jan 13 by WestSussexBlue

This is clearly not the remit at Wolves or Bristol City or Sheffield United, attack entertain and impose their football on to the opposition. Appears to be working for them.

That did not work for Sheffield United last night then did it?
Todays game................ on 11:00 - Jan 13 with 6680 viewsSwn98

Todays game................ on 10:31 - Jan 13 by PJH

You do realise that you are asking people to use common sense don't you?

I do PJH and new you would come to my help.
Todays game................ on 11:01 - Jan 13 with 6676 viewsPJH

Todays game................ on 11:00 - Jan 13 by Swn98

I do PJH and new you would come to my help.

Do you want help with your spelling too?
Todays game................ on 11:04 - Jan 13 with 6671 viewsgtsb1966

Todays game................ on 10:57 - Jan 13 by PJH

Well I have got it wrong in my approaching 60 years of ITFC because all I have ever gone for is to see my team win.

I never go to a game thinking "oh, I hope that it is entertaining" I go thinking "I hope that we win".

It would appear that some people do go wanting/expecting to be entertained though.

With all due respect I'd have thought that everyone goes wanting to be entertained and therefore the drop in attendance is purely on the basis that the football has been shockingly dull for a long time.
Todays game................ on 11:05 - Jan 13 with 6667 viewsSwn98

Most people that go to work, go expecting to work in an environment where there is no foul and abusive behaviour every time they make a(perceived) mistake they don't get thousands of people shouting abuse at them that's the subtle difference.
Todays game................ on 11:06 - Jan 13 with 6658 viewsSwn98

Todays game................ on 11:04 - Jan 13 by gtsb1966

With all due respect I'd have thought that everyone goes wanting to be entertained and therefore the drop in attendance is purely on the basis that the football has been shockingly dull for a long time.

oops k
Todays game................ on 11:07 - Jan 13 with 6655 viewsPJH

Todays game................ on 11:04 - Jan 13 by gtsb1966

I agree that the apparent lack of entertainment is a major reason for the drop in attendances but I am just saying that the result is the only thing that matters to me and has ever mattered to me.

I would not think that I am unique at ITFC or any other football club in putting seeing my team win as far and away the most important thing.
Todays game................ on 11:08 - Jan 13 with 6648 viewsSwn98

Todays game................ on 11:06 - Jan 13 by Swn98

oops k

sorry should of been for PJH
Todays game................ on 11:08 - Jan 13 with 6645 viewsKeaneish

Todays game................ on 10:40 - Jan 13 by Basuco

Agree, Mick is here until the end of the season regardless of what we do and chant.

True but it’s sad it’s come to that. If anyone is under any illusions, our grip on this club gets looser by the day. We seem unable or unwilling to motivate ourselves for any kind of meaningful change, not that I think MM should go until we’re safe but the balance of power has no doubt shifted from the masses to the few.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Todays game................ on 11:09 - Jan 13 with 6642 viewsgtsb1966

Todays game................ on 11:07 - Jan 13 by PJH

I agree that the apparent lack of entertainment is a major reason for the drop in attendances but I am just saying that the result is the only thing that matters to me and has ever mattered to me.

I would not think that I am unique at ITFC or any other football club in putting seeing my team win as far and away the most important thing.

I know where you are coming from and it is a results based business but we aren't even doing that. Oh well we live in hope. I'm off. Have a safe day all.
Todays game................ on 11:11 - Jan 13 with 6636 viewsHerbivore

Todays game................ on 10:50 - Jan 13 by WestSussexBlue

Do they? I go to support the team and hopefully see them win, if I'm after entertainment I'll watch a film. Also, our average attendance this season is exactly the same as it was in Mick's first full season here so the constant drop in attendance line is a bit of a myth.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Todays game................ on 11:53 - Jan 13 with 6581 viewsGuthrum

Todays game................ on 10:55 - Jan 13 by WestSussexBlue

I'm sure that if they were doing all that and losing, they'd be sacked (especially with the resources they have).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Todays game................ on 11:56 - Jan 13 with 6570 viewsWestSussexBlue

Todays game................ on 10:59 - Jan 13 by PJH

That did not work for Sheffield United last night then did it?

I’m guessing you didn’t watch it, they didn’t win no but it was highly entertaining and so were Wednesday to be fair. I’ve never got to PR thinking I’m expecting a win but I’ve always got there wanting to be entertained by the football on offer. The win is exactly what I want 100% all of the time but if not at least it’s been value for money.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 12:02]
Todays game................ on 12:03 - Jan 13 with 6550 viewschristiand

They're not doing that either though are they?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024