Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bryan Hamilton, well said 12:10 - Mar 29 with 1692 viewsMaySixth

"I am disappointed that it's ended like this for Mick because I just feel when he came into the club he did a fantastic job," he said.

"It was a club that had lost direction, lost a bit of spirit, lost a lot of qualities. He came in, stabilised the ship, gave it a direction, put a spirit and a belief into it and for 18-two years he did a fantastic job.

"Every club in the Championship wants the Premier League, and I think there was a moment in time after what Mick did [getting the club to the play-offs], they needed to sit down to say 'we believe in Mick, we'll invest, buy players, improve the structure'.

"For two or three years we seem to have been treading water."

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:12 - Mar 29 with 1641 viewsBackToRussia

Absolutely right. We should view that moment as a huge missed opportunity, and it only shows how poor Evans' decision making is. Backed the wrong horse, every single time.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:16 - Mar 29 with 1586 viewschristiand

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:12 - Mar 29 by BackToRussia

Absolutely right. We should view that moment as a huge missed opportunity, and it only shows how poor Evans' decision making is. Backed the wrong horse, every single time.

Just hope ME reads these comments or one of his advisors leaves them face up on his desk for his attention. ME really needs to evaluate his own approach, MM has done a good job but he hasn’t really been properly helped by the owner at crucial times.....it’s all a bit token from ME not fully 100% committed.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 12:17]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:18 - Mar 29 with 1562 viewsBackToRussia

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:16 - Mar 29 by christiand

Just hope ME reads these comments or one of his advisors leaves them face up on his desk for his attention. ME really needs to evaluate his own approach, MM has done a good job but he hasn’t really been properly helped by the owner at crucial times.....it’s all a bit token from ME not fully 100% committed.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 12:17]

It smacks of someone who is genuinely incompetent to me. Clearly has some business nous, but clearly really has no idea what his overall strategy or vision is for the club. Basically everyone can see we are treading water and a different approach is now required except him.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:31 - Mar 29 with 1451 viewsGuthrum

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:18 - Mar 29 by BackToRussia

It smacks of someone who is genuinely incompetent to me. Clearly has some business nous, but clearly really has no idea what his overall strategy or vision is for the club. Basically everyone can see we are treading water and a different approach is now required except him.

Not all businesses work the same way. Sometimes saving money can be the right answer, sometimes you have to pay out for particular expertise or better quality materials.

It's not impossible that McCarthy's skill at hiring undervalued (if injury-prone) players and perhaps lack of financial demands ('I knew the situation when I first came here') has masked the issue to some extent, given that Evans' primary focus has to be on his main business, not ITFC.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:32 - Mar 29 with 1431 viewsWadeyBlue

A missed opportunity for another 2 years of boring dogsh1te football. Which is what it would be even with investment.

Yeah shame we missed that one heh.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:33 - Mar 29 with 1414 viewsBackToRussia

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:31 - Mar 29 by Guthrum

Not all businesses work the same way. Sometimes saving money can be the right answer, sometimes you have to pay out for particular expertise or better quality materials.

It's not impossible that McCarthy's skill at hiring undervalued (if injury-prone) players and perhaps lack of financial demands ('I knew the situation when I first came here') has masked the issue to some extent, given that Evans' primary focus has to be on his main business, not ITFC.

Well yes and he should realise that he can't run a football club in the same was as you'd operate a more traditional business. It is clearly much more of a gamble, but then, if those are the conditions of the industry you either accept it or get out.

MM has definitely made Evans look at all competent, before MM he really had no successes of any kind. The ones MM achieved as you say were more in spite of ME than thanks to him. ME is also very lucky that MM isn't like some other managers and made more of a fuss about lack of finances. He had every right to, especially after the playoff season.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:34 - Mar 29 with 1397 viewsSwansea_Blue

Absolutely spot on. Two years of stagnation and there's only one person responsible.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:35 - Mar 29 with 1391 viewsjas0999

Evans complete failure to invest into the playing squad is a big problem.
Login to get fewer ads

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:37 - Mar 29 with 1367 viewsBackToRussia

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:32 - Mar 29 by WadeyBlue

A missed opportunity for another 2 years of boring dogsh1te football. Which is what it would be even with investment.

Yeah shame we missed that one heh.

WTF are you talking about?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:41 - Mar 29 with 1316 viewsReuser_is_God

A very accurate summary of Mick’s time here.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:58 - Mar 29 with 1236 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He didn't back the wrong horse in Mick, he backed absolutely the right horse. But kept adding his own weights to the handicap weight.

Mick, properly backed would of got us out of the Championship, would never of kept us in the Premier League, but would of gotten us there.

Now he has to appoint correctly. And given his current record of 1 in 3 correct, I have severe doubts.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:59 - Mar 29 with 1208 viewsBackToRussia

Bryan Hamilton, well said on 12:58 - Mar 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

He didn't back the wrong horse in Mick, he backed absolutely the right horse. But kept adding his own weights to the handicap weight.

Mick, properly backed would of got us out of the Championship, would never of kept us in the Premier League, but would of gotten us there.

Now he has to appoint correctly. And given his current record of 1 in 3 correct, I have severe doubts.

I don't mean appointing Mick, I mean his financial backing of his managers.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024