Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A ‘bit’ left field..... 07:17 - Mar 31 with 3572 viewschristiand

Cardiff City get promoted which now seems likely, Warnock has said that he’ll step down. Could he be a managerial option for us? Would we want him or is he too much like MM?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 07:41 - Mar 31 with 3487 viewsHerbivore

Cardiff are the only side I've seen at PR this season who were noticeably duller to watch than us, so it's a no from me. He's basically a cheerful Mick.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 07:48 - Mar 31 with 3463 viewschristiand

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 07:41 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

Cardiff are the only side I've seen at PR this season who were noticeably duller to watch than us, so it's a no from me. He's basically a cheerful Mick.

I’m not convinced he’d be what I want here either Herbivore, but he certainly knows how to get teams promoted out of this league better than MM too! However, I think the football would be on a par with what we have now. Just thought he’d be one managerial candidate that might slip through the net with all of us assuming he’ll just stay at Cardiff City when they get promoted.

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:02 - Mar 31 with 3413 viewsHerbivore

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 07:48 - Mar 31 by christiand

I’m not convinced he’d be what I want here either Herbivore, but he certainly knows how to get teams promoted out of this league better than MM too! However, I think the football would be on a par with what we have now. Just thought he’d be one managerial candidate that might slip through the net with all of us assuming he’ll just stay at Cardiff City when they get promoted.

How many promotions does Warnock have out of this league? Genuine question as I'm not sure. He's managed at this level a lot more than Mick as well, I'd imagine their actual successes are pretty comparable. He'd be a very, very uninspiring appointment. Cardiff were horrible to watch, just a bunch of giants that played the ref very effectively, certainly more effectively than they played actual football.

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:03 - Mar 31 with 3411 viewsandytown

May be wrong but hasn't he signed a new deal since he said that?
A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:16 - Mar 31 with 3367 viewschristiand

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:02 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

How many promotions does Warnock have out of this league? Genuine question as I'm not sure. He's managed at this level a lot more than Mick as well, I'd imagine their actual successes are pretty comparable. He'd be a very, very uninspiring appointment. Cardiff were horrible to watch, just a bunch of giants that played the ref very effectively, certainly more effectively than they played actual football.

8 promotions overall across all leagues. Currently, three to the Premier League (or equivalent) with Notts County, Sheffield United and QPR. The way Cardiff City are going it will be a fourth in a couple of weeks too!

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:31 - Mar 31 with 3307 viewsHerbivore

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:16 - Mar 31 by christiand

8 promotions overall across all leagues. Currently, three to the Premier League (or equivalent) with Notts County, Sheffield United and QPR. The way Cardiff City are going it will be a fourth in a couple of weeks too!

Decent record, he's been about a fair bit though. Really wouldn't be who I would want here to be honest. I do suspect he'd give the Prem a crack as well despite what he's said.

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:42 - Mar 31 with 3275 viewsNo9

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:02 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

Colin's record - FYI

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/neil-warnock/
A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:53 - Mar 31 with 3224 viewsHerbivore

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:42 - Mar 31 by No9

Colin's record - FYI

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/neil-warnock/

Yep, one more top flight promotion than Mick in many more attempts. Good record, but he's basically a more chipper version of our current manager and that's not what any of us really want, surely.

Login to get fewer ads

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:57 - Mar 31 with 3207 viewschristiand

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:53 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

Yep, one more top flight promotion than Mick in many more attempts. Good record, but he's basically a more chipper version of our current manager and that's not what any of us really want, surely.

Who would you like to see manage us next season?

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:58 - Mar 31 with 3200 viewsNo9

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:53 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

At least he has managed a few time to get to 50% wins, something MM has never achieved.
& when there have been shortcomings in his teams he has done somethign about it unlike MM who has, for his entire time @ PR played without a decent midfield & made the Skipper struggle at RB for far too long.

Maybe Cardiff only played that sort of game at @ PR tp nulify MM's defensive tactics?

NW has, with other team played some good stuf when visiting

However, I do't think now is the time to bring him here are TM for ITFC = too late
A ‘bit’ left field..... on 09:44 - Mar 31 with 3122 viewsSwn98

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:03 - Mar 31 by andytown

May be wrong but hasn't he signed a new deal since he said that?

yes
A ‘bit’ left field..... on 09:47 - Mar 31 with 3110 viewsSwn98

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:58 - Mar 31 by No9

At least he has managed a few time to get to 50% wins, something MM has never achieved.
& when there have been shortcomings in his teams he has done somethign about it unlike MM who has, for his entire time @ PR played without a decent midfield & made the Skipper struggle at RB for far too long.

Maybe Cardiff only played that sort of game at @ PR tp nulify MM's defensive tactics?

However, I do't think now is the time to bring him here are TM for ITFC = too late

To be fair Mick assembled the best midfield of his time here this season only to spend most of it injured.
This years squad could of delivered so much more had they stayed fit.
A ‘bit’ left field..... on 09:48 - Mar 31 with 3108 viewsHerbivore

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:57 - Mar 31 by christiand

Who would you like to see manage us next season?

Tough one. I'd quite like to see us go for an up and coming manager like Nathan Jones or that Steijn fella from Holland. However, I think ME will go for someone with Championship experience in which case I'd like Mowbray, although Clough would be a decent bet if Burton go down and he moves on. Of the managers currently out of work, Warburton would be my pick. McClaren is a bit of a knob.

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 09:48 - Mar 31 with 3105 viewsHerbivore

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 08:58 - Mar 31 by No9

Jesus.

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 09:49 - Mar 31 with 3102 viewsNo9

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 09:48 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

Jesus.

He plays for Man City doesn't he?
A ‘bit’ left field..... on 10:00 - Mar 31 with 3058 viewssouthnorfolkblue

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 09:49 - Mar 31 by No9

He plays for Man City doesn't he?

But he would be good for an Easter comeback....

Poll: Our final position

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 10:02 - Mar 31 with 3053 viewsNo9

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 10:00 - Mar 31 by southnorfolkblue

But he would be good for an Easter comeback....

Raising the standards?
A ‘bit’ left field..... on 10:11 - Mar 31 with 3033 viewschristiand

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 09:48 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

Tough one. I'd quite like to see us go for an up and coming manager like Nathan Jones or that Steijn fella from Holland. However, I think ME will go for someone with Championship experience in which case I'd like Mowbray, although Clough would be a decent bet if Burton go down and he moves on. Of the managers currently out of work, Warburton would be my pick. McClaren is a bit of a knob.

Some decent shouts there Herbivore. Nigel Clough is also a good suggestion, I also feel he would be a very decent appointment and would tick a lot of boxes for us fans too. Paul Cook and Paul Hurst look very promising managers in League One, but not convinced that Wigan Athletic or Shrewsbury Town would want to part company with their managers though.

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 11:12 - Mar 31 with 2958 viewsHerbivore

A ‘bit’ left field..... on 10:11 - Mar 31 by christiand

Some decent shouts there Herbivore. Nigel Clough is also a good suggestion, I also feel he would be a very decent appointment and would tick a lot of boxes for us fans too. Paul Cook and Paul Hurst look very promising managers in League One, but not convinced that Wigan Athletic or Shrewsbury Town would want to part company with their managers though.

My only worry with Hurst is whether he might be a younger MM. He's worked wonders at Shrewsbury but it's been based on a lot of 1-0 wins. Wigan play some good stuff but they'll likely be in the Championship next season and over the past 15 years they aren't really much smaller than us so would the manager want to come here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024