Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If it looks like a numbskull and sings songs only a numbskull would sing... 09:50 - Apr 8 with 1776 viewsBobbychase

...then I'm afraid it is a numbskull.

And when Harry from Bath, perhaps the sagest of sages on this forum, is outraged then you know you've crossed a line.

Has anyone seen the clips of Sunderland fans at Leeds yesterday? Singing loudly and proudly "Sunderland til I die". "Long-suffering" is applied to our fans because we've had to endure some dull football, while never being in danger of dropping into League One. I would argue it applies much more to Sunderland fans who will get relegated this season while Newcastle stay in the Prem, despite having the multi-millions of parachute money. And yet our fans are the ones abusing the players and the manager.

I wonder if the fans abusing Mick and the players at Brentford are clever enough to join the dots between this season and next season. Imagine you are Bersant Celina, the player they insist starts every game. If you had the chance to come back to Ipswich on loan next season or go to a stadium which is more than half full and where the fans actually sing positive songs and get behind their team, which one would you choose? Ditto Carter-Vickers, who has been superb for us.

"Long suffering" Ipswich fans. Cobblers. Portsmouth fans are long suffering. Bristol Rovers fans, who watched their team drop into non league football but kept coming in huge numbers home and away, are long suffering. We are cast as long suffering because we have to watch dull football while finishing much higher up the table than our budget suggests we should.

Just to be clear, the idiots targeting Mick yesterday even though we all know he is leaving do not speak for me and they do not speak for most ITFC fans I know. I haven't written a letter for years but I'll be writing to the club this week to thank Mick for the job he has done and wish him well.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

If it looks like a numbskull and sings songs only a numbskull would sing... on 10:36 - Apr 8 with 1670 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I sort of agree and I don’t - if that makes sense.

We aren’t long suffering in the way of constant waves of problems coming such as relegations etc.

But, in my case, I’ve supported Town since I was 3. Every single season has been in the chanpionship. The best thing to happen in that time was a failed playoff campaign and winning one leg against arsenal in a cup tie we ultimately lost.

So I don’t think I’m long suffering but perhaps deserving of something to cheer about finally may be a better description. Because it’s all very dull right now. Still, in a few years time when Evans finally manages to get us relegated, we may get promoted from League 1 which will probably be fun.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If it looks like a numbskull and sings songs only a numbskull would sing... on 10:40 - Apr 8 with 1656 viewsHerbivore

If it looks like a numbskull and sings songs only a numbskull would sing... on 10:36 - Apr 8 by The_Romford_Blue

We aren’t long suffering in the way of constant waves of problems coming such as relegations etc.

But, in my case, I’ve supported Town since I was 3. Every single season has been in the chanpionship. The best thing to happen in that time was a failed playoff campaign and winning one leg against arsenal in a cup tie we ultimately lost.

So I don’t think I’m long suffering but perhaps deserving of something to cheer about finally may be a better description. Because it’s all very dull right now. Still, in a few years time when Evans finally manages to get us relegated, we may get promoted from League 1 which will probably be fun.

Reality check Rommers, you don't 'deserve' anything. That's not how football supporting works.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If it looks like a numbskull and sings songs only a numbskull would sing... on 10:45 - Apr 8 with 1643 viewsloyalfan

I, like you, have been thinking how I can thank Mick and let him know I hold him no malice. It pains me to see a human being so badly treated in public.

Totally with you on how this abuse of the manager/even the team could put off potential loanees.

Yesterday, was a pitiful performance from some fans.
If it looks like a numbskull and sings songs only a numbskull would sing... on 10:47 - Apr 8 with 1630 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If it looks like a numbskull and sings songs only a numbskull would sing... on 10:40 - Apr 8 by Herbivore

Reality check Rommers, you don't 'deserve' anything. That's not how football supporting works.

I think I deserve an owner who cares about the club tbh but hey ho.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

They are not Ipswich fans, they are a fooking disgrace. on 11:08 - Apr 8 with 1587 viewsDyland

Your comments about the dots between this season and next will be utterly lost on this moronic minority. The tit for tat with the manager and now certain players is clearly far more important to them than the welfare of the club and how we do next season.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

If it looks like a numbskull and sings songs only a numbskull would sing... on 11:15 - Apr 8 with 1562 viewsBinner

If it looks like a numbskull and sings songs only a numbskull would sing... on 10:36 - Apr 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Or, alternatively, if we are relegated we may continue to slide into League 2 and perhaps even lower. Probably won't be such fun...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024