Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THEY'RE COMING AFTER WEIRD SCIENCE NOW LADS 08:54 - Apr 13 with 1180 viewschicoazul

How much more of this must we take?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/apr/13/80s-films-molly-ringwald-john-hughe

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

THEY'RE COMING AFTER WEIRD SCIENCE NOW LADS on 09:01 - Apr 13 with 1132 viewsSwailsey

Whilst they make some valid points, I really don’t understand why these are being reported on so much.

Movies like that probably wouldn’t be made in this day and age. People are smart enough to know (if they have a problem with a part of it) that it was from a different time.

I love Friends and have recently been re-watching it and I have been surprised by some parts of it, but I’m surprised by things that my older family members say sometimes - but that’s because they are 40+ years older than me. Different time.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

THEY'RE COMING AFTER WEIRD SCIENCE NOW LADS on 09:04 - Apr 13 with 1110 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jesus Christ.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

THEY'RE COMING AFTER WEIRD SCIENCE NOW LADS on 09:04 - Apr 13 with 1112 viewsDanTheMan

THEY'RE COMING AFTER WEIRD SCIENCE NOW LADS on 09:01 - Apr 13 by Swailsey

Whilst they make some valid points, I really don’t understand why these are being reported on so much.

Movies like that probably wouldn’t be made in this day and age. People are smart enough to know (if they have a problem with a part of it) that it was from a different time.

I love Friends and have recently been re-watching it and I have been surprised by some parts of it, but I’m surprised by things that my older family members say sometimes - but that’s because they are 40+ years older than me. Different time.

Yeah, it's a bit weird really. I mean it's always nice to look back at how things were but it's not exactly crazy to think that culture changes in decades. We already know this.

It's like being surprised that minstrel shows were a thing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

THEY'RE COMING AFTER WEIRD SCIENCE NOW LADS on 09:04 - Apr 13 with 1103 viewschicoazul

THEY'RE COMING AFTER WEIRD SCIENCE NOW LADS on 09:01 - Apr 13 by Swailsey

I hope they don't watch any 80s de Palma, she'll have a heart attack.

But seriously you're absolutely right. Times change but art doesn't. I don't see the point to this revisionism (other than clicks).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

THEY'RE COMING AFTER WEIRD SCIENCE NOW LADS on 09:05 - Apr 13 with 1094 viewschicoazul

THEY'RE COMING AFTER WEIRD SCIENCE NOW LADS on 09:04 - Apr 13 by DanTheMan

Yeah, it's a bit weird really. I mean it's always nice to look back at how things were but it's not exactly crazy to think that culture changes in decades. We already know this.

It's like being surprised that minstrel shows were a thing.

You just reminded me that Matt Lucas Chris Morris and David Baddiel have all done comedy blackface.

THEY'RE COMING AFTER WEIRD SCIENCE NOW LADS on 09:22 - Apr 13 with 1056 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ghostbusters? We're not even allowed to risk offending things that don't exist. This is all getting a bit surreal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024