Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Utd in for Woodburn on Loan, guess they've moved on from Waghorn 13:56 - Jul 31 with 810 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Just need to shut the Boro links down and I think we may hold onto him. Fingers crossed.

Poll: Final points total?

Sheff Utd in for Woodburn on Loan, guess they've moved on from Waghorn on 14:14 - Jul 31 with 746 viewsDanFord

I don't think the Blunts are in the Waghorn market but if they are I fail to see how the loan signing of an 18 year old who has never scored a senior goal is as a replacement to one of the most sought after strikers in the Championship. Would clearly be in addition to Waggy.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Sheff Utd in for Woodburn on Loan, guess they've moved on from Waghorn on 14:18 - Jul 31 with 736 viewsGuthrum

I think he's been off their radar (too expensive) for some time now.

My feelings are that we don't actively want to sell, but will do so if a large enough offer comes in. Otherwise we'd have priced the player at a level not calculated to put off all but the most profligate potential buyers. Town are not running an auction, they're setting a very high threshold with the thought that few, if any, can jump over it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sheff Utd in for Woodburn on Loan, guess they've moved on from Waghorn on 14:30 - Jul 31 with 691 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Sheff Utd in for Woodburn on Loan, guess they've moved on from Waghorn on 14:14 - Jul 31 by DanFord

I don't think the Blunts are in the Waghorn market but if they are I fail to see how the loan signing of an 18 year old who has never scored a senior goal is as a replacement to one of the most sought after strikers in the Championship. Would clearly be in addition to Waggy.

Woodburn is a decent signing for them, why would they need another Striker?

Poll: Final points total?

Sheff Utd in for Woodburn on Loan, guess they've moved on from Waghorn on 14:32 - Jul 31 with 681 viewsDanFord

Sheff Utd in for Woodburn on Loan, guess they've moved on from Waghorn on 14:30 - Jul 31 by TractorBoyOlly

Woodburn is a decent signing for them, why would they need another Striker?

Because if you are prepared to spend £5m plus on what you consider to be a prolific striker, your back up plan is not a teenager who has never scored a senior goal. What makes him a decent signing? Because he's played a few minutes for Liverpool? He's completely unproven at this or any level. I'm sure he will be a good player, but he's hardly going to be the same as an experienced 28 year old with 16 goals last year.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Sheff Utd in for Woodburn on Loan, guess they've moved on from Waghorn on 14:49 - Jul 31 with 640 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sheff Utd in for Woodburn on Loan, guess they've moved on from Waghorn on 14:32 - Jul 31 by DanFord

Because if you are prepared to spend £5m plus on what you consider to be a prolific striker, your back up plan is not a teenager who has never scored a senior goal. What makes him a decent signing? Because he's played a few minutes for Liverpool? He's completely unproven at this or any level. I'm sure he will be a good player, but he's hardly going to be the same as an experienced 28 year old with 16 goals last year.

The other side of that is there are only so many players you can put out on the pitch. Any player they bring in on loan they must have an intention to play at least some part.

Of course they would have preferred Waghorn. I am sure we would prefer Vydra to Harrison. Their policy may well be to rate Woodburn above the likes of Harrison who they could afford.

Either way, they have been out of the running for Waghorn for some time and that will only change if they cash in on one of their assets.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024