Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emmanuel or Spence 10:09 - Jul 31 with 2229 viewsGooders7592

Who would you rather start at right back? I really hope it's Emmanuel, especially after his loan at Rotherham last season.
Emmanuel or Spence on 10:10 - Jul 31 with 2221 viewsSomethingBlue

It won't be Emmanuel, he's barely featured of late and Hurst appears to be of the same mind as Mick (and me).

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Emmanuel or Spence on 10:11 - Jul 31 with 2205 viewsBlueySwede

Last season I would have said Emmanuel, but I was impressed by Spence vs West Ham.
Emmanuel or Spence on 10:21 - Jul 31 with 2147 viewsSWGF

Emmanuel or Spence on 10:11 - Jul 31 by BlueySwede

Last season I would have said Emmanuel, but I was impressed by Spence vs West Ham.

Yeah, he lost his man for their first goal like a boss.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Emmanuel or Spence on 10:22 - Jul 31 with 2143 viewsKieran_Knows

Neither.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Emmanuel or Spence on 10:22 - Jul 31 with 2144 viewsmonty_radio

Strange how right back for us continues to be a choice between two dishes in a menu from which the best things have already been declared off.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Emmanuel or Spence on 10:31 - Jul 31 with 2102 viewsitfcjoe

Spence, but I don't think either are good enough in reality.

Spence has the attributes but too often switches off and then compounds mistakes. His versatility makes him a decent squad option.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Emmanuel or Spence on 10:47 - Jul 31 with 2055 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Both are too inconsistent really and probably have about 15-20 good games a season with a couple of big dips in form.. It would be great if they could coordinate the peaks and dips between them so we have someone decent there for 30+ games :)

Last season Spence was great while we were playing well, then it was like he forgot what he was doing from December onwards (whilst the rest of the team also struggled)
Emmanuel or Spence on 10:48 - Jul 31 with 2048 viewsTractorCam

Emmanuel, but it will be Spence

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Emmanuel or Spence on 11:11 - Jul 31 with 1990 viewsTIB

Emmanuel or Spence on 10:22 - Jul 31 by monty_radio

Strange how right back for us continues to be a choice between two dishes in a menu from which the best things have already been declared off.

This sums it up. RB has needed fixing for a while...Spence can get us by...Emmanuel needs time out on loan again. Hopefully JD from Accrington can cement his place at RB and strengthen us there.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Emmanuel or Spence on 11:13 - Jul 31 with 1985 viewsBackToRussia

Why do people rate Emmanuel so little? He was Rotherham's young player of the year last year and made 40+ appearances. He's done all you could really ask of him in his year away. Surely now we have to be thinking that he's got the potential to outstrip someone like Spence, so needs to have some trust put in him.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Emmanuel or Spence on 11:18 - Jul 31 with 1948 viewsbluelou

Emmanuel or Spence on 11:13 - Jul 31 by BackToRussia

Why do people rate Emmanuel so little? He was Rotherham's young player of the year last year and made 40+ appearances. He's done all you could really ask of him in his year away. Surely now we have to be thinking that he's got the potential to outstrip someone like Spence, so needs to have some trust put in him.

Exactly. If he wasnt our player we'd be trying to buy him. IMO he's our number 1.
We could still do with another for cover though.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Emmanuel or Spence on 11:24 - Jul 31 with 1913 viewsGooders7592

Completely agree.
Emmanuel or Spence on 11:49 - Jul 31 with 1862 viewsCuffy81

Emmanuel or Spence on 10:31 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

Spence, but I don't think either are good enough in reality.

Spence has the attributes but too often switches off and then compounds mistakes. His versatility makes him a decent squad option.

Exactly this with Spence, so frustrating. He's quick enough, strong, reasonable dribbler just switches off during games and tends to not close his man down quick enough and lets the cross comes in.

I'd like to see Emmanuel given a chance
Emmanuel or Spence on 12:03 - Jul 31 with 1827 viewsSomethingBlue

A lot of people who've seen/see him every day don't seem to be especially sure though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Emmanuel or Spence on 14:16 - Jul 31 with 1701 viewsElderGrizzly

Emmanuel or Spence on 12:03 - Jul 31 by SomethingBlue

A lot of people who've seen/see him every day don't seem to be especially sure though.

And even the Rotherham manager said he was still too suspect defensively, even though he won the award there last season. Used words like tearing hair out etc

Emmanuel would make a good Wing Back, but is way too suspect position wise for a FB. Exactly the same issue Kenlock has, which is why Knudsen should rightly start.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 14:17]
Emmanuel or Spence on 14:46 - Jul 31 with 1657 viewsBackToRussia

Emmanuel or Spence on 12:03 - Jul 31 by SomethingBlue

Still. He played a full season in a promotion winning team the season before. If he has ever deserved a go in the team it's now.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Emmanuel or Spence on 14:53 - Jul 31 with 1638 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think there is little between the two.

Hurst (as with MM) appears to rate Spence as better and he sees a lot more than any of us do. He has seen a fair bit of Emmanuel last season too.

Threads along these lines are why some fear Spence is potentially being lined up as a scapegoat. You have the right to post the OP and for it to be discussed but I do hope Spence will not be scapegoated.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024