Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striking options 21:32 - Aug 9 with 883 viewsTerry_Nutkins

On paper its worrying losing Waghorn and Garner. Whilst Waghorn would have been a starter he has funded a squad overhaul and Garner, whilst a good player doesnt have the pace and attributes best suited to Hursts System. We have brought in pace and energy in Harrison and Jackson. Sears is decent enough back up and i think a long term view has been taken. Morris had a promising Cameo and Hurst can see him improving and increasingly being an option. You then have Folami and Lankester coming through. For me the money we got in and with a longer term strategy this feels right.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Striking options on 21:35 - Aug 9 with 861 viewsgt81

Jackson and Harrison look like decent finishers from the highlights I've seen, as always, the question is can they figure out championship defenders quickly and will they get the service from midfield.

It might take a bit of time, but I think they will do it, Harrison especially.
Striking options on 21:37 - Aug 9 with 850 viewswkj

I think we have to realise this is all part of a long term strategy, I suspect Hurst will be wanting to turn a profit on a lot of these players this year, and possibly if successful have a mini rebuild next term. I think we have enough to bag a mid table finish, which has to be mission accomplished for Hurst if he does.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Striking options on 21:43 - Aug 9 with 814 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Striking options on 21:37 - Aug 9 by wkj

I think we have to realise this is all part of a long term strategy, I suspect Hurst will be wanting to turn a profit on a lot of these players this year, and possibly if successful have a mini rebuild next term. I think we have enough to bag a mid table finish, which has to be mission accomplished for Hurst if he does.

I agree, but having said that if he can get things clicking its an opportunity to take the league by suprise. Its what he did with Shrewsbury. Nobody expects us to be great and i think we can suprise a few.

Defence is a worry. Midfield we look very very strong. If Huws and Bish get fit the competition for places is ridiculous. Cant see a way back for Adeyemi which is mad given his potential impact but his first impression on Hurst is just going to be hard to shake even if he does get fit.

Think Nydam will be out on loan within the month.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Striking options on 22:20 - Aug 9 with 725 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Striking options on 21:37 - Aug 9 by wkj

Not to sure about turning a profit on "a lot" of them. I suspect he will on a couple and that will enable him to tweak things next summer.

All new signings will take time to bed in and we do not want to be doing this sort of change of personnel year on year. It is the sort of thing the disaster clubs that throw money at promotion do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024