Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? 14:39 - Aug 17 with 1185 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Looking at the ratings given by our fans to players in the Exeter match on Tuesday, a pattern emerged.

Bartosz Bialkowski 6.31
*Kayden Jackson 5.66
*Aristote Nsiala 5.10
*Tayo Edun 4.65
*Jon Nolan 4.62
*Trevoh Chalobah 4.07
Grant Ward 3.62
Jonas Knudsen 3.42
*Janoi Donacien 3.32
Luke Chambers 3.27
Freddie Sears 2.90

The previous two matches saw some higher ratings given to some new players and some of the old guard, but this match was markedly different. 6 new signings started the match and of the 10 outfield positions, 5 of those 6 were our highest rated players. Leaving the 4 old members of the squad in the bottom 5.

This was a match when Hurst's system was evident. My initial thought, until I looked at the other match ratings, were that people were being too harsh on the old guard, but why would they be? We have no loyalty to the new guys and so our tendency would be the favour the likes of Chambers surely?

I, like many, don't consider that we should change too much too soon, but what do you do if you are Hurst and these ratings really do reflect the performance? The players likely to be dropped on the back of this are the old players and those waiting to come into the side are the new ones. Edwards will come back in, Harrison probably will too.

So how much of this is system and how much is attitude? Chambers should not struggle in this system. His position is basically unchanged. Sears shouldn't look worse than he did last season in the same unflavoured role.

Are we seeing players struggling with the system, are we seeing the new signings stepping up to impress or is it that the old mentality of Mick's players was that you don't really have to lift yourselves for a League Two team in the cup.

It cannot be coincidence that the new players appear to be massively outperforming the old ones. So what do we think is at the heart of why that is?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:46 - Aug 17 with 1156 viewsPJH

Or the ratings could be totally meaningless in relation to actual performances just as they have been for the last two years.
Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:47 - Aug 17 with 1149 viewsMullet

No.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:47 - Aug 17 with 1148 viewsSWGF

No.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:48 - Aug 17 with 1144 viewsIllinoisblue

jesus christ.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:50 - Aug 17 with 1136 viewsPJH

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:48 - Aug 17 by Illinoisblue

jesus christ.

i thought he might have got MOTM.
Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:53 - Aug 17 with 1117 viewsMullet

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:50 - Aug 17 by PJH

i thought he might have got MOTM.

Given he's the Father, Son and Holy Ghost you'd have thought he was more likely to play for Norwich.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:57 - Aug 17 with 1100 viewsLankHenners

FFS after every game someone starts a pointless thread like this. The player ratings should not be given one iota's attention. People who don't go to the game just click away at the numbers based on the final score and which players they like/don't like.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:59 - Aug 17 with 1080 viewsSWGF

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:57 - Aug 17 by LankHenners

FFS after every game someone starts a pointless thread like this. The player ratings should not be given one iota's attention. People who don't go to the game just click away at the numbers based on the final score and which players they like/don't like.

Whisper it, but I don't really see the point of the match ratings.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 15:02 - Aug 17 with 1059 viewsPJH

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:59 - Aug 17 by SWGF

I certainly do not see the point of anyone taking the slightest bit of notice of them so yes I agree, there is no point to them.
Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 15:02 - Aug 17 with 1059 viewsStenvict

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:57 - Aug 17 by LankHenners

Exactly, hence why Bart was given the highest rating despite making another mistake for their goal.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 15:11 - Aug 17 with 1032 viewsLankHenners

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 14:59 - Aug 17 by SWGF

I'm sure Gav's penciled it in to be sorted in the next update.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 15:11 - Aug 17 with 1031 viewsTractorCam

Nope, they never have and never will

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Do the Exeter match ratings tell us anything? on 18:00 - Aug 17 with 885 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Your first post, earlier this week, was one of the best posts in years. Lots of people said so.

This is not of the same standard!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024