Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No need to fret just yet.... 20:11 - Aug 25 with 945 viewsThe_Major

I expect hoots of derision from some quarters for this, but as far as I'm concerned, outside of a repeat of 94-95, Mr Hurst has got a free hit this season - even if we go down fighting.

It looks like it's fine margins - 93rd minute goal for Rotherham, two deflected goals at Pride Park, and a hotly disputed sending off today. It's not as if we're getting a walloping and being played off the park every week.

The lack of goals is a concern, but I must admit I've got a hunch it could all come good next Sunday - and that should be the springboard. Look at the amount of times in the Burley years we started slowly, and then suddenly found our stride in October or November. Not saying for an instant that that we're going to have a Burleyesque rocket up to the play offs, but we should have enough about us to steer clear of any drama at the bottom come May. It will take time, I'm afraid.

Someone mentioned earlier about how long Bobby Ferguson had to wait for a win. Wasn't until 25 Sept 1982, and we achieved it by sticking SIX without reply at Notts County. You never know what could happen in eight days time....
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 21:18]
No need to fret just yet.... on 20:52 - Aug 25 with 878 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't see how relegation will help us. And I think that, without results, our new approach will fail.

Of course, it's still early days so none of this needs happen but we need to be looking further up the table rather than thinking there's some salvation in League One.

Pronouns: He/Him

No need to fret just yet.... on 21:07 - Aug 25 with 835 viewsBobbychase

Largely agree but relegation would not be a positive. In that scenario we would likely lose players like Edwards, Nolan and Dozzell. Important this current squad is kept together for as long as possible so its potential can be realised.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

No need to fret just yet.... on 21:38 - Aug 25 with 779 viewschristiand

Problem is, we aren’t creating that many good chances to score to start with and when we do we don’t have the quality to capitalise. Until that’s addressed and we learn to defend set pieces properly it’s going to remain a challenging season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024