Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This could be rather tricky for batsmen 14:29 - Oct 5 with 827 viewsStokieBlue

If he is good and improves so he can use it to confuse batsmen he could be quite something:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2018/10/05/england-get-first-look-sri-lanka-

All depends if the actual deliveries are any good though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This could be rather tricky for batsmen on 14:38 - Oct 5 with 801 viewshomer_123

Jack of all trades...master of none?

Time will tell.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This could be rather tricky for batsmen on 15:18 - Oct 5 with 767 viewsgainsboroughblue

Doesn't the bowler have to signal what arm he intends to use prior to delivery? From the article, it appears that it's only orthodox slow deliveries he bowls. Doesn't really hint at any great mystery. I can remember the last Mendis they had as a spinner. Had a great first year then every test nation sussed him out.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

This could be rather tricky for batsmen on 15:26 - Oct 5 with 747 viewsGuthrum

This could be rather tricky for batsmen on 15:18 - Oct 5 by gainsboroughblue

Doesn't the bowler have to signal what arm he intends to use prior to delivery? From the article, it appears that it's only orthodox slow deliveries he bowls. Doesn't really hint at any great mystery. I can remember the last Mendis they had as a spinner. Had a great first year then every test nation sussed him out.

The umpire has to announce any change of bowling (e.g. from around the wicket to over). So the arm-change wouldn't surprise batsman like that.

The main utility would be that he is able to spin the ball the same way (i.e. in or out) for both left- and right-handed batsmen.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This could be rather tricky for batsmen on 15:29 - Oct 5 with 737 viewsgainsboroughblue

This could be rather tricky for batsmen on 15:26 - Oct 5 by Guthrum

The umpire has to announce any change of bowling (e.g. from around the wicket to over). So the arm-change wouldn't surprise batsman like that.

The main utility would be that he is able to spin the ball the same way (i.e. in or out) for both left- and right-handed batsmen.

That's very true I guess.

I think we'll take the ODI series comfortably but can see lots of sub 200 scores in the tests unfortunately. Better outfits than us struggle in Sri Lanka.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

This could be rather tricky for batsmen on 15:46 - Oct 5 with 707 viewsStokieBlue

This could be rather tricky for batsmen on 15:26 - Oct 5 by Guthrum

Could also be very annoying for the batsman if he changed every 2 balls. Even if signalled it gets you out of your rhythm.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024