Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kubica back in F1 10:35 - Nov 22 with 1064 viewsStokieBlue

I know F1 isn't everyone's cup of tea, certainly not anymore anyway but it's a great story to see Kubica back behind the wheel of an F1 car for next season.

He was an amazing talent, right up there before his rallying accident. The modifications to his car to enable him to drive with his handicap must be very interesting and innovative.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/nov/22/robert-kubica-f1-return-williams-f

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kubica back in F1 on 10:52 - Nov 22 with 1047 viewsJon_456

Good to see. Should also be a good team mate to help George Russell develop.

I don't think there will be any mods to his car. If any i think it would probably only be a couple of buttons on the wheel to be made more accessible.
Kubica back in F1 on 10:55 - Nov 22 with 1040 viewsStokieBlue

Kubica back in F1 on 10:52 - Nov 22 by Jon_456

Good to see. Should also be a good team mate to help George Russell develop.

I don't think there will be any mods to his car. If any i think it would probably only be a couple of buttons on the wheel to be made more accessible.

I'm pretty sure WIlliams had to have a totally different steering wheel because he can't use one of his hands to control it. As you say though, that's not huge changes.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kubica back in F1 on 12:09 - Nov 22 with 1008 viewsBurwell_Blue

Do they still have rules that stop overtaking?
Kubica back in F1 on 13:00 - Nov 22 with 956 viewsJon_456

Kubica back in F1 on 12:09 - Nov 22 by Burwell_Blue

Do they still have rules that stop overtaking?

That's a bit like saying does football still have rules that stop attacking football, because you've seen a couple of games involving Mourinho.

Plenty of overtaking (albeit not enough - which theyre looking to change) in F1 and if you don't like it, don't watch it.
Kubica back in F1 on 13:02 - Nov 22 with 947 viewsHerbivore

Really good to see, as you say he was a huge talent prior to his accident. Always hard to know how things might have panned out but in the right team he could have been a genuine contender for me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kubica back in F1 on 14:15 - Nov 22 with 917 viewsBurwell_Blue

Kubica back in F1 on 13:00 - Nov 22 by Jon_456

That's a bit like saying does football still have rules that stop attacking football, because you've seen a couple of games involving Mourinho.

Plenty of overtaking (albeit not enough - which theyre looking to change) in F1 and if you don't like it, don't watch it.

Oh my, I don't watch it. I don't understand the appeal at all.

I watched a few races a few years ago as my other half was in to it, two Ferraris following each other around with strict instructions not to race and certainly not to overtake each other!

That was enough of that, and her not long after funnily enough.
Kubica back in F1 on 14:40 - Nov 22 with 907 viewsHerbivore

Kubica back in F1 on 14:15 - Nov 22 by Burwell_Blue

I watched a few races a few years ago as my other half was in to it, two Ferraris following each other around with strict instructions not to race and certainly not to overtake each other!

Aren't you a charmer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kubica back in F1 on 15:11 - Nov 22 with 887 viewsJon_456

Kubica back in F1 on 14:15 - Nov 22 by Burwell_Blue

In fairness if you didn't follow F1 before 2010 then I can see why it doesn't appeal to you.

I was lucky that I started watching in 2002/3 when I was a kid and between then and 2010 the racing was really good.

Then came the Red Bull dominance and whilst there was still some good races, it got a little boring see them out qualify everyone and cruise to the finish line.

Followed by 4 years of Mercedes dominance (which i'm not complaining about being an LH fan), so I can see why it doesn't appeal to a lot of people.

That said the gap is starting to close and each year they're bringing in new rules to increase overtakes and there's a whole new change in cars in 2021 which should hopefully make it more interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024