Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is important on the government's removal of the presumption of innocence 17:26 - Feb 5 with 946 viewsSteve_M

It is an absolute disgrace that someone can be wrongfully convicted, serve years in prison and then not receive compensation afterwards.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/02/theres-no-presumption-of-innocence-for-the

* It was actually the previous government that introduced the legislation but guess which Home Secretary lay behind it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This is important on the government's removal of the presumption of innocence on 17:39 - Feb 5 with 903 viewsEwan_Oozami

I wonder if the writer is "The Secret Barrister"?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

This is important on the government's removal of the presumption of innocence on 17:40 - Feb 5 with 899 viewsSteve_M

This is important on the government's removal of the presumption of innocence on 17:39 - Feb 5 by Ewan_Oozami

I wonder if the writer is "The Secret Barrister"?

No, it's not. He's on Twitter as Barrister Blog and is also well worth following.

https://twitter.com/Barristerblog

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This is important on the government's removal of the presumption of innocence on 17:58 - Feb 5 with 861 viewsGlasgowBlue

She really has a lot to answer for during her time as Home Secretary.

I'm amazed she lasted as long as she did as she was never seen as being a particularly successful Home Secretary.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This is important on the government's removal of the presumption of innocence on 18:02 - Feb 5 with 843 viewsEwan_Oozami

This is important on the government's removal of the presumption of innocence on 17:40 - Feb 5 by Steve_M

No, it's not. He's on Twitter as Barrister Blog and is also well worth following.

https://twitter.com/Barristerblog

Ah yes I do follow them on Twitter and I've read their book - I just hope I never have to suffer the current justice system!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

This is important on the government's removal of the presumption of innocence on 18:19 - Feb 5 with 825 viewsXYZ

Thanks, Steve. I'd only seen the headline and thought it was plainly unjust - I only got the detail from that article.

Given the inherent prejudices within the system I'd bet there's a race and class angle to this too.

As the article says, the policy sticks it's head up it's rear. They remain innocent under UK law unless there's a distinction I'm unaware of between a conviction being "unsafe" and "quashed".

I presume that the hearing to decide whether the complainant had proved he/ she didn't "do it" would have to be heard by a jury given the "criminal" degree of proof required.

My reading of the article was that May amended the 2004 ASBO Act - just adding the nasty party's touch to what was put there by Labour.
This is important on the government's removal of the presumption of innocence on 18:40 - Feb 5 with 788 viewsOldsmoker

This is important on the government's removal of the presumption of innocence on 17:58 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

She really has a lot to answer for during her time as Home Secretary.

I'm amazed she lasted as long as she did as she was never seen as being a particularly successful Home Secretary.

I think she knows where the bodies are buried.
She's got dirt on every Tory MP especially Boris.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024