Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
adobe suite 19:45 - Mar 4 with 1272 viewsLord_Lucan

Is it possible to get snide copies or is it all cloud based now?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

adobe suite on 07:59 - Mar 5 with 1177 viewsDeano69

can anyone recommend a cheap, but ligit way of getting photoshop? by Swansea_Blue 11 Jan 2019 14:29
You have to be pretty careful Googling 'Gimp' though.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

adobe suite on 08:46 - Mar 5 with 1155 viewssoupytwist

Depending on which bit of adobe suite you need, take a look at Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. They're broadly speaking Illustrator and Photoshop equivalents for a lot less. And a British company to boot.

I've been working with the beta of their InDesign competitor (Affinity Publisher) and that will be pretty good when they release the proper version.
adobe suite on 09:19 - Mar 5 with 1134 viewsLord_Lucan

adobe suite on 08:46 - Mar 5 by soupytwist

Depending on which bit of adobe suite you need, take a look at Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. They're broadly speaking Illustrator and Photoshop equivalents for a lot less. And a British company to boot.

I've been working with the beta of their InDesign competitor (Affinity Publisher) and that will be pretty good when they release the proper version.

I need to edit and design technical composition labels at will. I do them currently on MS word and get them printed at a photo print place on 6x4. Trouble is they only accept JPEG. If I convert Word to JPEG it goes a bit wonky so I have to convert word doc to PDF and then PDF to JPEG x 200 files so it’s too much of an arse

I would like my graphic designer to knock up a corporate template that I can edit with the required data.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

adobe suite on 09:48 - Mar 5 with 1110 viewssoupytwist

adobe suite on 09:19 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

I need to edit and design technical composition labels at will. I do them currently on MS word and get them printed at a photo print place on 6x4. Trouble is they only accept JPEG. If I convert Word to JPEG it goes a bit wonky so I have to convert word doc to PDF and then PDF to JPEG x 200 files so it’s too much of an arse

I would like my graphic designer to knock up a corporate template that I can edit with the required data.

You could do that with Affinity Designer quite easily - get designer to do a template and then you could edit it as necessary and export to jpeg.

Or you could do it on Affinity Publisher when they release that. What kind of place are you using that can only print from a .jpeg?
adobe suite on 10:47 - Mar 5 with 1081 viewsLord_Lucan

adobe suite on 09:48 - Mar 5 by soupytwist

You could do that with Affinity Designer quite easily - get designer to do a template and then you could edit it as necessary and export to jpeg.

Or you could do it on Affinity Publisher when they release that. What kind of place are you using that can only print from a .jpeg?

For ease and cost I generally send the bulk to snappyfish or similar and if I only have one or two I'll pop in to Tescos and use the machine thing. It's just a photo machine doo da.

adobe suite on 10:57 - Mar 5 with 1070 viewssoupytwist

adobe suite on 10:47 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

For ease and cost I generally send the bulk to snappyfish or similar and if I only have one or two I'll pop in to Tescos and use the machine thing. It's just a photo machine doo da.

Well, you can export to jpeg using Affinity products and the beta version of Publisher is currently free to download from their website. For a simple thing like a label it should be fine and it's close enough to InDesign that any halfway competent layout person should be able to create you a template.
adobe suite on 11:06 - Mar 5 with 1059 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

adobe suite on 11:15 - Mar 5 with 1051 viewsLord_Lucan

adobe suite on 10:57 - Mar 5 by soupytwist

Well, you can export to jpeg using Affinity products and the beta version of Publisher is currently free to download from their website. For a simple thing like a label it should be fine and it's close enough to InDesign that any halfway competent layout person should be able to create you a template.

Can I bulk export. The best converter site I've come across only lets me export to JPEG 10 at a time.

Login to get fewer ads

adobe suite on 11:17 - Mar 5 with 1050 viewsLord_Lucan

adobe suite on 11:06 - Mar 5 by BryanPlug

Wouldn't I need Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to edit a PDF?

adobe suite on 11:32 - Mar 5 with 1038 viewsBryanPlug

adobe suite on 11:17 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

Wouldn't I need Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to edit a PDF?

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

adobe suite on 11:36 - Mar 5 with 1026 viewsLord_Lucan

adobe suite on 11:32 - Mar 5 by BryanPlug

Thanks - and also to Soupy

Seems whatever I do I need to export everything.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024