Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On this day 1953 16:24 - Jul 21 with 879 viewsTommyparker

Brian ' Noddy' Talbot was born in Ipswich. The midfielder spent seven seasons in the first team, Playing 227 matches & claiming five England caps, before joining Arsenal for 450,000. To think the transfer nearly didn't go through,as Arsenal couldn't match the wages he was on at Ipswich.
On this day 1953 on 16:41 - Jul 21 with 861 viewsWhymarkmariner

I always said that we replaced a cart horse (Talbot) with two thoroughbreads Muhren and Thyssen. On reflection a bit harsh on Talbot as he was a real driving force in midfield. The last time I saw him was down at Butlins Bognor Regis. He was coaching kids during their summer hols.
On this day 1953 on 16:50 - Jul 21 with 854 viewsTommyparker

On this day 1953 on 16:41 - Jul 21 by Whymarkmariner

I always said that we replaced a cart horse (Talbot) with two thoroughbreads Muhren and Thyssen. On reflection a bit harsh on Talbot as he was a real driving force in midfield. The last time I saw him was down at Butlins Bognor Regis. He was coaching kids during their summer hols.

To think if we hadn't had sold Talbot, we would of never had signed Muhren & Thijseen.
On this day 1953 on 22:04 - Jul 21 with 712 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shame on me, I didn’t realise he was Ipswich born.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

On this day 1953 on 07:51 - Jul 22 with 642 viewsBluespeed225

Great motor on him. Think he scored against Barcelona in an almost identical way to his Semi final goal at Highbury? He sent me a team picture a little while after the Cup Final as my Mum was a traffic warden and let him off a ticket if he would send me something! Spoke to him in The Dove after the 40th anniversary last year, which was great as I have his Final shirt. He left Town as he wanted to try London life, but as he said, his replacements were pretty good!
On this day 1953 on 09:20 - Jul 22 with 616 viewsballycastle

On this day 1953 on 22:04 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

Shame on me, I didn’t realise he was Ipswich born.

He went to the old Tower Ramparts school.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024