Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'F***ing magpie' 09:26 - Nov 15 with 740 viewsNthQldITFC

For anyone who thinks all the dangerous animals in Australia slither, creep or swim...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-14/magpie-attack-on-ryan-priestly-leaves-him

And you'd think an intelligent Corvid would be encouraging the stupid humans to stay out of their cars...

'"I've given up on the ride now, I'm just going to drive," he said'

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

'F***ing magpie' on 09:34 - Nov 15 with 708 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hah! Back in my Uni days I used to do fieldwork in Iceland - the skuas were vicious b*ggers and used to dive bomb like this. I think I found the arctic terns more annoying though. It could be like a scene from The Birds.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

'F***ing magpie' on 11:03 - Nov 15 with 661 viewsRyorry

Wonder if it's something to do with the breeding season? I used to breed and rear turkeys organically on my smallholding; during the mating season I had to avoid wearing red or blue clothing, because if I (or anybody) did, the male studs would assume I was a rival and attack me quite viciously - their wattles (on & under their heads) are a mating display and turn bright red & blue during the season!

Also lived on Orkney, where the Giant Skuas (locally known as Bonxies) also dive bomb & attack people's heads quite viciously - iirc that lso was usually during the breeding season.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

'F***ing magpie' on 11:36 - Nov 15 with 630 viewssolemio

'F***ing magpie' on 09:34 - Nov 15 by Swansea_Blue

Hah! Back in my Uni days I used to do fieldwork in Iceland - the skuas were vicious b*ggers and used to dive bomb like this. I think I found the arctic terns more annoying though. It could be like a scene from The Birds.

Terns are a real pain - literally if you're not careful.

As I remarked once before I leave no tern unstoned.
'F***ing magpie' on 11:41 - Nov 15 with 623 viewsSwansea_Blue

'F***ing magpie' on 11:03 - Nov 15 by Ryorry

Wonder if it's something to do with the breeding season? I used to breed and rear turkeys organically on my smallholding; during the mating season I had to avoid wearing red or blue clothing, because if I (or anybody) did, the male studs would assume I was a rival and attack me quite viciously - their wattles (on & under their heads) are a mating display and turn bright red & blue during the season!

Also lived on Orkney, where the Giant Skuas (locally known as Bonxies) also dive bomb & attack people's heads quite viciously - iirc that lso was usually during the breeding season.

Can't say I've ever been attacked by a horny turkey

We used to stick poles out of the top of our rucksacks with a piece of cloth or old sock on them as Skua defenders - they were quite effective. Yeah, breeding season was a killer, so we avoided wherever possible (for obvious reasons of not wanting to disturb them too).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024