Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why would Neil Warnock come here? 18:53 - Dec 29 with 900 viewsskyblue23

Genuine question, I keep seeing Neil Warnocks name thrown about and even a “give it Neil Warnock till the end of the season”.

He’s been promoted many times from championship to premiership, he said after Cardiff he would retire after the sad Sala situation made him realise he wanted to spend more time at home.

Why would he change those plans to manage a team in league 1 going through a decade or 2 decline and still declining. He’ll have no money to bring players in and will likely have to sell if we don’t go up to balance the books.

IMO he’s well out of our league.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Why would Neil Warnock come here? on 19:00 - Dec 29 with 827 viewsFifeITFC

I thought Warnock was now retired and said the Cardiff job was his last?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Why would Neil Warnock come here? on 19:03 - Dec 29 with 799 viewsDurovigutum

No.

Alan Curbishley might.

George Burley would.
Why would Neil Warnock come here? on 19:04 - Dec 29 with 800 viewsRegencyBlue

In all honesty I don’t know why anyone would take it on.

Its a poisoned chalice under the Evans regime and that much must be obvious throughout the game!
Why would Neil Warnock come here? on 19:05 - Dec 29 with 784 viewsketton_itfc

I think he’s said on more than one occasion he would have love to have managed us at some point. Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part though.
Why would Neil Warnock come here? on 19:05 - Dec 29 with 775 viewsskyblue23

Why would Neil Warnock come here? on 19:00 - Dec 29 by FifeITFC

I thought Warnock was now retired and said the Cardiff job was his last?

He did.. but so many people keep suggesting him as if he’d come running to us the minute lambert walks/sacked. Realistically we’re looking at a current league 1/2 manager with a low compensation fee, or a manager who has been out of work a while and managed at the bottom end of the championship / top end of league 1 previously. We aren’t in a position to be demanding managers who were in the premier league last season!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Why would Neil Warnock come here? on 19:07 - Dec 29 with 765 viewsWacko

Why would Neil Warnock come here? on 19:04 - Dec 29 by RegencyBlue

In all honesty I don’t know why anyone would take it on.

Its a poisoned chalice under the Evans regime and that much must be obvious throughout the game!

Don't think your logic is correct here.

It's a poisoned chalice because Evans consistently picks the wrong managers who - as someone else pointed out - have no defined technical abilities that can compete with the style of football being played these days

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024