Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did I dream this or did this happen? 11:51 - Jan 20 with 1876 viewsmonytowbray

Late 90s, there was a game against Bradford I think, was an evening game and I vividly remember listening on the radio in my bedroom.

Bradford were 3-1 up then towards the last 20(?) minutes the ref suddenly decided he had been wrong about an earlier Bradford goal so he disallowed it, which was quite random. We then went on to dramatically win 3-2.

I'm sure this happened, can anyone confirm? Would have been around 97-98 at a guess.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 11:58 - Jan 20 with 1824 viewsPJH

Some of it is real if not all of it.

We did beat Bradford 3-2 on 4th March 1997 after being 2-1 behind.

Sonner scored in 87th minute and Gregory in 90th.

Not sure about Bradford having a goal disallowed though, obviously if play had restarted after a goal it could not be disallowed anyway.
Did I dream this or did this happen? on 12:01 - Jan 20 with 1791 viewsmonytowbray

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 11:58 - Jan 20 by PJH

Not sure about Bradford having a goal disallowed though, obviously if play had restarted after a goal it could not be disallowed anyway.

That sounds about right for the date, but I'm sure we were 3-1 down then the ref suddenly decided it was 2-1. But again my memory could be playing tricks. Can't find anything in Google for a match report.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 12:05 - Jan 20 with 1766 viewsPJH

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 12:01 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

That sounds about right for the date, but I'm sure we were 3-1 down then the ref suddenly decided it was 2-1. But again my memory could be playing tricks. Can't find anything in Google for a match report.

I got my info from Ipswich Town The Modern Era by Rob Hadgraft but the game is not mentioned specifically in the book, just the teams and scorers in the season by season listings.

The book covers 1971/72-2000/01.
Did I dream this or did this happen? on 19:13 - Jan 20 with 1385 viewsFifeITFC

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 12:05 - Jan 20 by PJH

I got my info from Ipswich Town The Modern Era by Rob Hadgraft but the game is not mentioned specifically in the book, just the teams and scorers in the season by season listings.

I've just managed to get my hands on this book. Ruddy brilliant!

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 19:18 - Jan 20 with 1368 viewsGeoffSentence

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 12:05 - Jan 20 by PJH

How very dare you.

Hadn't heard of it, now I have to buy it. All it needs is Chico's follow up - The Banter Era.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 19:25 - Jan 20 with 1345 viewsgainsboroughblue

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 11:58 - Jan 20 by PJH

I remember this game. Don't recall anything else other than the Gregory winner. He had a bit of a purple patch around that time, scored a hat-trick v Sheff Utd, but ended up being dropped for on-loan Niklas Gudmansson.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 19:42 - Jan 20 with 1281 viewsgainsboroughblue

This is the sort of situation where it's sad John Eastwood is no longer with us.

That man could remember every detail from every match involving ITFC.

In the old travel club coach days, I'd often have a chinwag with him. I could have listened to him talk football all day.

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 19:45 - Jan 20 with 1261 viewsPJH

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 19:18 - Jan 20 by GeoffSentence

How very dare you.

Hadn't heard of it, now I have to buy it. All it needs is Chico's follow up - The Banter Era.

That's good, perhaps I should see if I can get a percentage as commission.
Login to get fewer ads

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 19:55 - Jan 20 with 1217 viewsPJH

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 19:25 - Jan 20 by gainsboroughblue

I remember this game. Don't recall anything else other than the Gregory winner. He had a bit of a purple patch around that time, scored a hat-trick v Sheff Utd, but ended up being dropped for on-loan Niklas Gudmansson.

Yes Gregory's three against Sheff U was two weeks after the Bradford game-source same book.

Gregory started all except one game from the game after the Bradford one(he and Sonner both scored as subs against Bradford).

Gudmundsson only started the second leg of the playoff semi final(and put us 2-1 ahead)plus a game in which Gregory also started.
Did I dream this or did this happen? on 20:20 - Jan 20 with 1159 viewsgainsboroughblue

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 19:55 - Jan 20 by PJH

Yes Gregory's three against Sheff U was two weeks after the Bradford game-source same book.

Gregory started all except one game from the game after the Bradford one(he and Sonner both scored as subs against Bradford).

Gudmundsson only started the second leg of the playoff semi final(and put us 2-1 ahead)plus a game in which Gregory also started.

Ahhh. My memory slightly failing then. That means Gudmansson scored a fair few goals from the bench then. Swindon, Birmingham and one or maybe two more.

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 20:32 - Jan 20 with 1127 viewsPJH

Did I dream this or did this happen? on 20:20 - Jan 20 by gainsboroughblue

Ahhh. My memory slightly failing then. That means Gudmansson scored a fair few goals from the bench then. Swindon, Birmingham and one or maybe two more.

Swindon and Birmingham both from the bench plus Sheffield United as a starter.

Gregory scored six in total .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024