Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The numbers across the world 14:45 - Mar 24 with 693 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone else morbidly fascinated in the numbers being reported across the world?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Cant just be me

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The numbers across the world on 14:54 - Mar 24 with 653 viewsGuthrum

The caveat for all those figures is that reporting methods and criteria, as well as levels and targeting of tests, is not the same in all countries.

Even with deaths it depends whether you count all those who die after being classified as infected, or just those where the illness is judged to have made a direct contribution. I do wonder if that is why Germany's mortality rate is so remarkably low.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The numbers across the world on 14:54 - Mar 24 with 648 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's dark substitute for looking at footie league tables.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The numbers across the world on 14:59 - Mar 24 with 634 viewsGeoffSentence

The numbers across the world on 14:54 - Mar 24 by Guthrum

The caveat for all those figures is that reporting methods and criteria, as well as levels and targeting of tests, is not the same in all countries.

Even with deaths it depends whether you count all those who die after being classified as infected, or just those where the illness is judged to have made a direct contribution. I do wonder if that is why Germany's mortality rate is so remarkably low.

true, but you can at least reliably compare the day to day figures for each country.

I am looking forward to the results for England and Wales coming in today. Scotland always seem to get in first.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The numbers across the world on 15:45 - Mar 24 with 581 viewsIllinoisblue

The numbers across the world on 14:54 - Mar 24 by Guthrum

This is a very important point. So many variables in standards of reporting. If someone has been fighting cancer for a couple of years then gets CV, is it the CV that caused the death or the cancer?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The numbers across the world on 15:48 - Mar 24 with 570 viewsNewcyBlue

I’ve had this weird fascination of popping into the supermarket to just see the emptiness of the shelves.

Don’t ask me why. It’s just been a bit shocking. How people have been acting.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024